We are searching for a voluntary event coordinator for the Ankara festival in Essex, taking place in October 2017.
It will be a night that showcases African fashion and entertainment as well as the cultural elegance of the continent.
If you are looking for the opportunity to exhibit your 'catwalk' organisational skills in a big way, here is the perfect opportunity to not only further your experience/career but to network with like-minded individuals.
Essential functions and role of this opening:
- Assist and work alongside the manager of the Ankara Festival event
- Interact with the fashion designer prior to the event
- Coordinate the models on the catwalk platform
- Available on a weekly basis for 45 minutes to liaise with the event team members (Either in the office or phone)
- The ability to promote the event. Including the use of social media.
- Driven to achieve positive results.
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to achieve a successful outcome.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of the African fashion will be great.
The event fashion show organiser will receive the following benefits:
- You will receive two all access event tickets to invite an associate, friend or family of your choice.
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
- Food and refreshments will be catered for on the day.
- We are a registered Charity, so will be open to writing a reference, on your LinkedIn profile and resume depending on your performance.
Note: Please only apply if you have had experience organising events, big or small.
Please attach your CV.