Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Senior Project Engineer, Wastewater Construction you will run the engineering and technical services activities at the SUEZ Water Long Island (SWLI) Nassau County Project, including three (3) WWTPs with a total capacity of 150 MGD, 3000 miles of sanitary sewers within the collection system and 57 lift stations, all serving approximately 1.05 million customers. It’s a big job and we’re looking for someone who’s both a skilled engineer and a good leader/ team player. So, if you’re ready to launch a dynamic career with one of the top names in the environmental services space, here’s more.
· Bachelor Degree in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering
· State of New York professional engineering certification/license is required or able to obtain within 1 year.
· Certified Construction Manager is desired. Project Management Professional is a plus.
Other Useful Skills & Abilities:
· 8+ years water/wastewater or public works environment related work experience
· Familiarity with “ manual of permitted operations” (MOPO) practice
· Construction design review is important
· Knowledge of wastewater treatment processes, pump stations and sanitary sewer system design and operations is preferred
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· Develop scope of works and cost estimates. Prep engineering studies, evaluations and technical memos
· Assisting the Client by attending preconstruction job meetings to review all aspects of construction projects, indicating priorities for the completion of various aspects of the work. Reviewing sections of the plans and specifications that may present construction problems.
· Makes onsite inspections of construction while in progress and upon completion working with Client Construction Management groups to ensure field conditions do not effect engineering or design integrity of the project.
· Works with other groups to respond to correspondence from the contractors, consulting engineers, or Client regarding interpretation of the specifications, approvals of equipment and materials, and workmanship standards.
At SUEZ, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive benefits that include:
Health & Life Insurance
Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Flexible Spending Accounts
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
BU: FR - RVF