Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
SUEZ is making big moves in 2021 and we have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled procurement professional to join our team!
The Sr. Procurement Leader – Category Management will be responsible for developing, validating and implementing the global strategy for their respective categories. This role will work with Sourcing Project/Product Leaders, Regional Category Leader, Technology, and Supply Chain Leaders. If you like what you see, here’s more!
Other key responsibilities:
• Defines a Global Category Strategy for Rotating Equipment (ERD, PD, Rotodynamic, dosing pumps etc ) that drives continuous improvement within the Category and benefits to the business
• Develops/Manages Preferred Supplier Network, Strategic Suppliers
• Defines Contracting Strategy and lead Supplier Negotiations
• Drives Cash Improvements across assigned Category
• Identify preferred suppliers and initiate business and organizational partnerships.
• Recommend and implement new and innovative initiatives to drive improved performance.
• Recognized expert in Category Sourcing and Category Management. Leads cross functional teams in developing Category Management Strategies bringing together all capabilities to drive value Creation for the business.
Influence & Change Management:
• Obtains agreement of the strategy from all business stakeholders and publishes it for all users to access
• Reports to Leadership on Market Trends and Category Performance
• Responsible to maintain ongoing dialog with the regional sourcing teams, regional category managers, and project sourcing leaders on key supplier issues
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
· 10+ years of experience in Category/Supplier Management, Purchasing, Production Control, Engineering, Product or Project management
· 3+ years’ experience in the above category
· Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
· General understanding of Direct material categories and water treatment technologies (products and operations).
· Familiarity with market trends and key suppliers in the relevant Categories.
Other Useful Skills & Abilities:
· Negotiation skills and ability to influence with competencies in general expense contract requirements/nuances.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, capable of developing presentations and comfortable interacting with internal/external stakeholders and WTS senior management.
· Creative, organized and self-motivated for success.
· Experience in working in different cultures and environments, in a matrixed organization
At Suez, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results and build stronger communities. We are an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
Compensation : Annual 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered :
Number of Job Openings : 1
Company Grade/Band :
Water Technologies and Solutions (WTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.