Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Responsible to lead activities related to Water Quality and Network Asset Management product lines in the West Region. The project manager to be responsible for coordination and facilitation of projects related to Water & WW Tanks (steel & concrete), Water Mixing, TRS, RCS, Chemical Cleaning, SIPP, AMI, Filter Maintenance, or other products or lines of service for the region in conjunction with the Product Line Managers and Service Center Manager.
The Project Manager will manage the project life (from development to completion) to facilitate product delivery while ensuring project quality, budget and schedule objectives are accomplished.
- Ensure consistent and strict adherence to contract language including: pricing, cost, quality, environmental compliance, reporting requirements, and documentation of service provided
- Efficiently integrate project information and accurately establish project scope. Maintain project scope through change management while monitoring and controlling project budget and schedule
- Communicate effectively through leveraging of technical and business proficiency with client stakeholders, sub-contractors and internal project team members
- Maintain high safety standards within all contracts and company personnel at all times/ Implement safety protocols at service center and site locations and conduct safety meetings
- Quality inspection of work performed
- Attend Pre-bid/Pre-con Meetings
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong technical/computer skills
- Leadership and team empowerment skills
- Analytical problem solving skills & ‘get it done’ attitude/vision required
- Good written and verbal communication skills required for presenting with ability to adapt the message to the audience and within context
- Customer empathy skills to develop relationships
- Project management skills for the delivery of service and deployment of projects.
- Knowledge in water distribution operations a plus.
- Knowledge in water quality issues and its management a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Must be capable of climbing ground storage and elevated water tanks
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science or technical field
- Three years of work experience as a project manager, preferably in water/wastewater, construction, or consulting engineering.
- NACE level 1 certification preferred or 3+ years of experience with steel painting and corrosion inspection a plus. (Must be willing to obtain NACE level 1certification if not already certified)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.