WHO WE ARE
Our local team provides solutions that supply seven million Australians with safe drinking water, divert 1.2 million tonnes of waste from landfill every year, and enable the oil and gas sector to process resources in a sustainable and efficient way.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Operator reports into the Plant Supervisor and ensures the efficient and compliant operation of the plant. Ensuring the health and safety of the plant's staff, subcontractors and visitors and that operations of the plant are carried out in an environmentally sound manner.
· Ensure all duties are performed as per the agreed policies and procedures
· Monitor site activities to ensure compliance to site environmental procedures
· Develop and continually improve operational practices and procedures
· Participation in regular training to maintain skills and knowledge to the level required for plant operation
· General housekeeping of plant, equipment, buildings, structures and surrounds
· Assist with cleaning and preparation of plant equipment
· Collect samples for Lab testing and compliance monitoring
· Assist Process Technicians with operational task across the site
· Operate and maintain the plants within the requirements of the Alliance
Monitor plants process and make necessary adjustments in conjunction with the Plant Supervisor
Ensure all duties are performed as per the agreed Work Method Statement, Confined Space Procedures and Approved Work Clearance Certificate
Monitor site activities to ensure compliance to site environmental procedures
Develop and continually improve operational practices and procedures
Brief the Plant Supervisor on a daily basis
Inform the Plant Supervisor in the event of an incident or emergency
Undertake general operational duties as required
Monitoring of the sampling and laboratory testing process to ensure optimum operation
Operation and monitoring of sludge de-watering process (where applicable) according to operating requirements
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To be considered for this position you will bring previous skills and experience from a similar environment, at minimum demonstrated experience and understanding of an industrial/plant-based work environment.
You will also bring a very strong work ethic and be willing to assist wherever required.
Desirable skills/experience include:
· Qualifications in relevant trade or discipline are desirable but not essential
· Current unrestricted driver’s licence
· Previous plant operating experience
· Proven commitment to health and safety
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
· Personal drive and results orientated
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
Full time hours (Mon to Fri) plus scheduled overtime on Saturdays
SUEZ is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islander people.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
BU: API - Australia & NZ