Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Plant Operator will have the following responsibilities:
· Check treatment plant operation at frequent intervals to determine that all equipment is operating properly.
· Make operational corrections.
· Maintain a supply of chemicals in the chemical day tanks and checks on proper feeding.
· Read meters, and maintain records on pumping, chemicals used, tank levels.
· Perform chemical tests at specified intervals and records results.
· Oversee chemical deliveries.
· Clean, adjust and maintains treatment plant equipment.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Backwash filters and adjusts flow rates when necessary.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· A Current Rhode Island Treatment Operator 3 Water Certificate, or a comparable license that can be reciprocated.
· A Valid drivers license,
· High school Diploma or equivalent, College degree preferred.
· Basic knowledge of pumps, motors, hydraulic systems, and other pumping equipment and skill in their operation.
· Experience in a laboratory setting.
· Mechanical ability, accuracy, thoroughness, carefulness and good judgment, and ability to work well: alone or with others.
· Familiarity with basic computer skills. internet, email...
· Ability to take and follow directions.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.