Temporary / Fixed-Term
WHO WE ARE
The Suez Smart & Environmental Solutions global business unit (SES) aims to accelerate the development and roll-out of our smart environmental solutions on a global scale. To meet the demands of a growing and highly competitive market, the SES BU is organized around two complementary approaches:
1- via Solutions, to ensure rapid development and service-to-market. There are 5 solution lines: digital and decentralized solutions, environmental quality & smart agriculture, asset performance management, air & climate, and consulting & smart city.
2- via geographies, in relation to the other Group entities (i.e. the 6 Regions and the Global WTS BU), to ensure optimal service and customer-centric offers.
SUEZ Consulting is the engineering and consulting branch of the SUEZ Group that assists local authorities and industrial companies in their ecological and energy transition as well as in their adaptation to climate change. Our talents are therefore operating in the environment sector (water, waste, biodiversity, etc.), urban planning, energy and mobility sectors, serving the environmental transition of our public and private customers.
SUEZ Consulting is also involved in the strategic missions of the Suez Group to support its development in new business lines and or new activities related to its mission.
SAFEGE S.A.S. Branch Office in Poland (SUEZ Consulting Poland) provides comprehensive management of each investment - from strategic consulting, through the development of project documentation and technical assistance, investor supervision, project management, to final settlement and start-up. We have a 30-year history and 200 employees and several hundred associates involved in improving the quality of life for millions of Poles. We cooperate with local authorities, public institutions, enterprises, as well as industrial and commercial clients. We are present all over Poland; we have 32 field offices, currently managing over 200 investments; we also have our own Design Office. We provide substantial financial stability, technical skills, interdisciplinary experience and know-how to manage projects of all types. Our activities are related to every sector: construction, industry, transport, water and wastewater infrastructure, environmental protection, waste, sustainable urban development, energy, telecommunications.
We are seeking an individual to work in the Control and Operational Support Department - Legal Office for a position (determined by education and experience):
Paralegal / Legal Assistant / Applicant
What will you be doing?
Scope of tasks:
1) Ongoing review of changes in legislation, if changes are identified as relevant to the Company, preparation of brief information on the aforementioned changes. Participation in creating information and articles for the company Newsletter.
2) Participation in the preparation of statements, reports, additional information at the request of SUEZ, SUEZ Consulting France. Preparation of presentations for meetings, internal trainings, etc. in cooperation with other persons from the Legal Office. Maintenance and updating of internal lists and registers such as: lists of court cases, cases in front of the National Appeal Chamber (NAC), claims, problematic projects, procedures, etc.
3) Participation in internal audits of projects - participation in audits to the extent of knowledge.
4) Monitoring and familiarizing with new procedures published by SUEZ request, SUEZ Consulting France, informing about the necessity of their implementation, introducing updates to procedures already implemented.
5) Monitoring, supervision and coordination in the field of Ethics, including the monitoring of updates to procedures in this field.
6) Participation in the preparation of notifications to insurers requiring legal expertise and concerning claims of the Ordering Parties or third parties.
7) Making, if necessary, photocopies of files in courts of law, including photocopies of the National Court Register.
8) Providing legal assistance in case of doubts concerning changes in the KRS of the Branch Office - verifying issues, providing answers in this respect.
9) Participation in court hearings as a listener and in NAC hearings, participation in the publication of a court verdict or NAC verdict (oral recitals, etc.).
10) Keeping and updating the register of powers of attorney.
11) Verifying the validity of basic documents, e.g. model contracts, power of attorney templates, clarifications to proposals at the request of the Tender Coordinator.
12) Analysing and commenting on simpler contracts, e.g. for subcontracting our services.
13) Ad hoc minor assistance - responding to inquiries from other Departments regarding simpler legal issues, within the scope of support provided by the Legal Department and the Control and Operational Support Department.
14) Administrative activities.
Who are we looking for?
Proposed Minimum Requirements:
· Final year law student of a public university or first or second year trainee attorney,
· Very good knowledge of English,
· Fluent knowledge of Polish,
· Good knowledge of Polish civil law and civil proceedings and Polish commercial law
· At least basic knowledge of Polish Public Procurement Law would be an asset,
· Commitment, ability to work in urgent situations,
· Preferably a self-employed person.
Working with us you can count on:
· Interesting and challenging work in an international company;
· Friendly atmosphere and opportunity for professional development;
· Opportunity to join the group life insurance on preferential terms;
· Multisport card on preferential terms.
· Location: Warsaw
· Starting date: August 2021
· Please be advised that only selected candidates will be contacted.
At SUEZ Consulting, we believe that diversity and equality are a driver to innovation and performance that shapes a sustainable environment. Recruitment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national, or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability. It is our duty to ensure a proper working environment where everyone belongs and thrives.