Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Mechanical Technician II – First Shift Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:00pm
Our Minnetonka, Minnesota location is seeking Mechanical Technicians to join the team. The Mechanical Technicians will be responsible for meeting daily production needs regarding the manufacture of Reverse Osmosis Equipment and Components. This role will be key in supporting business needs regarding; EHS, quality, on time shipment, and productivity.
What We Offer:
· $21-$25/hour, depending on experience
· Suez also has a generous benefits program that includes vacation-entitlement, medical, free dental, free vision, tuition reimbursement, free short-term disability and retirement savings contributions!
· SUEZ promotes employee health through a fitness center available 24/7
· Easily accessible Minnetonka Plant which is a clean, modern facility. Our team members think is a great place to work!
Some additional responsibilities include:
1. Utilize measuring devices to accurately perform duties and verify parts are within specification
2. Safe use of hoist and cranes
3. Operate saw ensuring parts are cut precisely and straight
4. Operates basic hand tools and various air and/or electric hand tools/equipment while performing the assigned responsibilities in a safe manner
5. Informs the facilitator of all routing and drawings inaccuracies
6. Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, and schematics and must be able to layout and assemble machines/components based on drawings and detailed verbal instructions
7. Reads and understands production orders and bill of material (BOM's)
8. Keeps accurate records of time spent on jobs and explains any discrepancies/problems as necessary
9. Maintains a clean work area supported by 5S initiatives
10. Complete all training required by Suez
11. Follow Safe Work Practices and all environmental, health and safety rules
12. Understands how the tools and materials replenishment system operates (equipment)
13. Performs any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Facilitator, or Lead
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· High School Diploma/GED
· 2 years of experience in a manufacturing technician role (mechanical technician or maintenance technician)
· Ability to wear required PPE (respirator, heading protection, etc.)
· PVC pipe cutting and gluing experience
· Experience with cranes and hoists
· Experience in the fabrication of equipment using tools, blueprints/schematics and bills of material
· Experience in the operation of a T-Drill
· Experience with lean manufacturing
· Experience with stainless steel tube bending
At SUEZ, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive benefits that include:
· Health & Life Insurance
· Paid Vacation & Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Parental Leave
· 401(k) Plan
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· AD&D Insurance
· Disability Insurance
Compensation : Period 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered : No
Number of Job Openings : 2
Company Grade/Band :
Water Technologies and Solutions (WTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.