Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The IT Enterprise Data Architect will be the leader for the technology stack and capabilities associated with our Data Ecosystem at Suez Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS). The Data Ecosystem includes our Data Lake/Warehouse, our application integrations platform, our advanced analytics and machine learning environment and business intelligence platform, Tableau. This will include technologies in data ingestion and transformation (ELT/ETL), storage, access and consumption as well as application integrations, data catalog/dictionary and data visualization.
Own the technology stacks across the Data Platform at Suez WTS:
· Operational activities associated with Data Ecosystem technologies uptime, health and response times.
· Build path to new technology implementations if benefits associated with technology capabilities, cost efficiencies and/or technology landscape simplification is present.
· Establish standards and frameworks associated with how data technologies are to be used and ensure adherence to those standards by data engineers and developers.
Lead the Data Solution Architecture team :
· Establish frameworks and standards within the Data Platform technologies, in which all solutions will exist. This should include repeatable design patterns that relate to industry-accepted reference architectures.
· Develop solution paths for all data projects and lead team of data engineers to ensure adherence to Data Platform frameworks and standards.
Mature Suez WTS up the Data Maturity Curve:
· Partner with Data Leadership peers at Suez WTS and Suez Group to build a Data Governance framework.
· Mentor Data personnel to establish and grow appropriate roles, responsibilities and behaviors to advance the Data community and culture at Suez WTS.
· Partner with Data business analysts to quantify benefits of data projects, including benefits that demonstrate Data Platform capabilities or improves data culture.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As our Enterprise Data Architect, you will have the opportunity to lead solution architecture activities for all data engineering, integration and visualization projects at WTS, ensuring that they adhere to the appropriate IT framework standards. Additionally, this role will lead Data Engineers and Integration Experts in the execution of agreed upon development paths.
You will be responsible for key partnerships across WTS’s community of Data personnel, including Data Owners/Stewards, Data Process Owners, Data Visualization Experts and Suez leadership, with the goal of maturing the enterprise up the Data Maturity Curve. To be well prepared for this role, here are some of the technology and behavioral components that will be important.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology from an accredited college/university
· 3+ years of Data Engineering or Data Architecture experience
· Experience mentoring and leading Data Engineering/Architecture teams
· Experience with a breadth of data curation methodologies and possess a solid foundation in the technologies
Other Useful Skills & Abilities:
· Hands on experience with platforms such as AWS, HVR, Matillion, Snaplogic, S3, Redshift and Snowflake
· Ability to influence strategic decisions of the business
· Experience in growing and developing an enterprise to be data-mature
· Experience in an organization with citizen data curators
· Experience with data consumption teams or personnel, such as Tableau reporting or Advanced Analytics and Data Science
At SUEZ, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Compensation : Annual 95,000.00 - 105,000.00 CAD
Is relocation for this position offered :
Number of Job Openings : 1
Company Grade/Band :
Water Technologies and Solutions (WTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.