Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Under the direction of the Manager Engineering Special Projects, the incumbent will be assisting in the construction delivery for the Lead Service Line Replacement (LSLR) Program.
This engineer will provide support to the Manager Engineering Special Projects/Manager of the lead services replacement program for the delivery of the $30M+ 2021 lead service line replacement program, which will result in the annual replacement of approximately 2,600 lead service lines.
More specifically, the engineer will be provide assistance with work order management, data compilation, analyzing data to generate metrics on a weekly basis, and will assist in response to field-related matters including materials releases, acquisition of information from GIS, and invoice review to ensure appropriate billing.
Incumbent will be familiar with hydraulic modeling and design sequences for the NO-DES flushing program.
Incumbent will also generate proper documentation for work order creation and closure including vetting of locations for previously performed work. This engineer will provide the assistance needed to the Manager to ensure the successful and quality construction delivery of the LSLR Program.
· Use of company resources including INFOR, GIS, SharePoint, and other electronic applications. This person may be required to perform inspections of new installations or other duties as assigned.
· Responsible for the generation of weekly metrics, review and closing of work orders, work order generation, and interfacing with contractors, internal departments, and customers for the efficient and quality delivery of the lead service line replacement program.
· Conduct field visits to confirm location of any existing facilities as required.
· Develop/design sequences for the flushing of water mains using NO-DES technology.
· Field supervision of construction projects.
· Work with other departments including Operations, Water Quality, and Customer Service.
· Assist engineers in developing analysis and reports to be provided to regulators, internal or external customers as required.
· Maintain Key Performance Indicators to track performance and productivity.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· Bachelors of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
· Engineer in Training License is a plus.
· 0 to 2 years of experience of engineering design experience in a water utility environment preferred.
· Knowledge and application of hydraulic modeling principles.
· Field experience and knowledge related to the construction delivery of water underground utility infrastructure projects.
Additional Skills/Abilities Needed:
· Experience in Water/Wastewater Engineering is a plus.
· Fundamental experience as an Engineer for underground infrastructure projects including service line replacements and distribution main projects.
· Familiar with underground construction techniques including open cut and trenchless (pulling or boring) and utility connections and abandonments.
· Experience in managing and adhering to project budgets and schedules
· High attention to detail
· Excellent analytical, organizational, computer and interpersonal skills.
· Exercise discretion and independent judgment
· Extensive Knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD. Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills are a must.
· ESRI/GIS and Water GEMS experience is a plus.
· Ability to work independently and on a team.
· Good communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
· Excellent time-management skills to be able to prioritize competing tasks.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.