Sample Registration Technician - Night Shift
Dartford (Kent) Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
Type of contract.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Data Entry / Sample Registering - Night Shift
Contract type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Working Hours: 37.5 - Nights
Location based: Unit C1 Acorn Industrial Park Crayford Road, Dartford DA1 4AL
Salary: £20,921 - £23,321 - Generous benefits package including 28 days holiday (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, 2 wellbeing days per year, company pension and 1% benefit fund for all employees.
Do you have previous data entry or administrative experience?
We are looking for a reliable and proactive individual to work as part of our registration night team at our Crayford Laboratory.
Which skills and experiences you will need to succeed in this role?
- To register incoming samples whilst maintaining standard operating procedures ensuring that procedures are followed and notify other relevant employees when this has not been complied with.
- Pre-logging samples on AIS LIMS to produce pre-logged bottle labels.
- Packing and labelling bottles/ media/ kits as per clients request
- Booking customer bottle deliveries
- Monitoring client bottle requests via the couriers to ensure that they are delivered, and chasing failed deliveries
- Ensure samples are received and recorded in the laboratory
- Sort and prioritise samples for processing
- Undertake data entry using a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) with minimal mistakes according to UKAS requirements
- Scanning and attaching photos and paperwork onto the LIMS system
- Recording and entering results and maintaining records
- Undertake training of registration officers.
- To uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation and policies or procedures relating to Health & Safety at Work.
- The Registration Officers will uphold and comply with the requirements of International Standard EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ‘General Requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’.
- To undertake any other reasonable task or responsibility requested by a senior manager