40 - Experienced
Product Marketing Engineer II M/F
STMicroelectronics is a world leader in providing the semiconductor solutions that make a positive contribution to people lives. ST is one of the world’s largest semiconductor companies as a leading Integrated Device Manufacturer serving all electronics segments with key strengths in Smart Driving and IoT.
STMicroelectronics has an opportunity for a Product Marketing Engineer for our Schaumburg, IL location. The Product Marketing Engineer will support key industrial customers primarily in the central United States. As a Product Marketing Engineer for Power Discrete the position will define, plan and carry out the strategy necessary for maximizing sales, market shares and margins (with the Products Divisions) focusing on ST's portfolio of power discrete products - MOSFETs, IGBTs, power modules, diodes/rectifiers, thyristors, and protection devices - across all market verticals.
· Provides promotion of products and technical support for the sales force and customers.
· Will use his/her knowledge of the market and technical skills to identify new opportunities in collaboration with the sales force and to propose the most appropriate technical solutions for the customer needs.
· Write customer meeting reports ensuring all technical and business concerns are accounted for and followed-up until closure.
· Interfaces with the Product Divisions.
· Facilitates the technical presentation of the new products to the customers and to the sales force. Train distributors and sales force.
· Work directly with account sales managers to form growth strategies for key accounts
· Analyze competition and ST position, define and submit strategy to be applied on related area of responsibility (new product needs, product roadmap, customers to target, IPs needed, technical support to be deployed) and drive the technical support to sales/customers, in alignment with the application team, ensuring project completion versus plan, specifying the necessary technical support priorities and measuring new billing generated.
· Contributes to key processes such as Forecast and plan ownership (rolling forecast, Budget, 3YP), price policy, margin optimization.
· Prepare presentations on the focused market area and communicate them in detail to ST management and Divisions.
· Responsible for all aspects of quality; in work, processes, and results.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· 25% overnight and/or 25% local travel expected.
· BSEE and 2+ years of work experience
· Sales & Marketing and/or Application & Design experience in power electronics
· Strong technical background in semiconductors for power conversion, particularly discretes (MOSFETs, IGBTs, power modules, diodes/rectifiers, thyristors, and protection devices
· Design experience in Analog and Power preferred.
· Knowledge of Power Supply, Lighting, Renewable Energy, Motor Control and/or Industrial markets a plus
· Strong business acumen
· Independent driver that has experience influencing across multi-discipline/cross functional teams to achieve company established goals and expectations.
· Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrates strength in analytical thinking and creative problem resolution skills.
· Strong verbal and presentation skills
· Strong computer skills with in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other third party software.
Americas, United states, Schaumburg
Education level required
4 - Bachelor degree
Experience level required
English (3- Advanced)
Desired start date