30 - Graduate Entry Level
Package Development BE M/F
Robust packaging of integrated circuits plays a key role in semiconductor manufacturing. Package R&D team mission is to develop the Lead Frame package platform, introduce new chip scale packages and ensure the associated Chip-Package Interaction (CPI), to support ST business growth and customer satisfaction by providing the perfect packaging solution.
With the aim to support the package innovation and maintaining our strong effort on quality, we are looking for a process engineer to join the package R&D team. The role requires to develop new assembly processes, specifically in the area of laser technologies.
Laser technologies development allows R&D to improve existing packages and to introduce new package/process in compliance with recent silicon technologies development and in accordance with the latest CPI rules, guidance and constrains. Laser technologies will include standard technologies as cutting, welding and marking, and new innovative ones as additive manufacturing.
Main job responsibilities and tasks will be:
· to introduce and characterize innovative processes and equipment in packaging assembly flow
· to identify robust interconnecting process window
· to select the best combination of interconnection technology, material and equipment according to a given package / silicon technology to provide the full CPI compatibility exercise according to the product mission profile requirements
· to interface with ST central functions and assembly plants for industrialization and implementation of the identified processes / equipment
· to bring the assembly process through the qualification process according to ST operating procedures
· to contribute in identifying and defining the assembly design rules
· to follow-up the start of production in the assembly sites
· Degree in mechanical or materials engineering, or chemistry/physics.
· Laser optics, metals and polymers material knowledge and their interactions.
· DoE’s and statistical analysis methodology and tools
· Basic in CAD tools.
· Manufacturing principles.
· Good presentation skills, ability to interface with suppliers and Assembly sites.
· Fluent in English.
· Available to intercontinental travel.
Europe, Italy, Agrate
Education level required
5 - Master degree
Experience level required
Less than 2 years
· English (2- Business fluent)
· Italian (2- Business fluent)
Desired start date