30 - Graduate Entry Level
Package Design M/F
The Package Design Engineer will be part of Back-End Manufacturing & Technology R&D group based in Agrate – Italy.
This team supports ST business groups by providing the best packaging solutions, through continuous innovation and perfect execution of technology roadmap.
In this context, the candidate will work in an inter-site environment in close cooperation with package technology, modeling and program management functions for providing BGA/LGA packaging design solutions in compliancy with project milestones and technical requirements.
His/her main role responsibilities are:
- To design BGA/LGA laminate substrates for any internal customer using specific electrical CAD tools. The activity is mainly focused on Automotive applications.
The target is to design package connections in compliancy with product connectivity specification applying dedicated design methodologies and considering:
- Physical design and assembly rules
- Electrical performance targets
- Thermal, thermo-mechanical constraints
- Best cost vs performance trade-off
- To prepare the relevant documentation for BGA substrate design approval and substrate first procurement
This task includes substrate specifications preparation, part number request and technical discussion with substrate suppliers and external package manufacturers to guarantee the full compatibility between substrate design and substrate manufacturability.
- To assess new design rules for innovative BGA/LGA package design solutions
- To perform quick design feasibility studies for early assessment of substrate technology and electrical performance
- To work in close cooperation with CAD vendors for design tools continuous improvement
- To prepare and present technical publications at international events (e.g. Conferences, Seminars)
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in engineering (Electronic, Electric or Mechatronic).
BASIC KNOWLEDGE: CAD tools (Cadence platform, Autocad preferred), fluent English
PERSONAL SKILLS: teamwork attitude and good collaboration spirit. Interpersonal communication skills. Motivation, flexibility and adaptability, curiosity, precision, and quality
Europe, Italy, Agrate
Education level required
5 - Master degree
Experience level required
Less than 2 years
English (2- Business fluent)
Desired start date