30 - Graduate Entry Level
NFC RF Application Engineer M/F
Contract duration (nb of months)
The Secured Microcontroller Division is deployed all around the world (Europe, USA, Asia). It conceives and deploys secured microcontroller used in various domains, including brand protection, payment and mobile phones.
Used for payments, authentication, information sharing, NFC technology is growing fast, in a highly growing market of connected objects. STMicroelectronics has the best in class device in term of performance in this area.
You will be working in a fully autonomous team in charge of the system validation and the support of NFC products integrations in Smartphone and Wearable devices.
NFC controllers are designed to execute contactless transactions in a simple, reliable and secured way, and featuring low power and small size constraints for mobile electronics (phones) and wearables (watches, ...).
Your responsibilities will be to:
· Design NFC antennas and optimize the matching circuit
· Perform RF and analog tests to optimize the performances of the product
· Define, implement and execute validation tests to verify the robustness of the solution and its compliance with targeted applications & regulations
· Write application notes for Field Application Engineers and customers
· Develop competencies on all NFC related protocols (NFC Forum digital, activity,
NCI, ISO14443, SWP/HCI, FeliCa…)
· Use and masteries NFC/SWP equipment (emulators and spies) from various
providers (Micropross, Keolabs, Comprion…)
· Analyze RF, SWP or i2C traces to understand issues
· Work in close collaboration with the RF engineering team, the RF design team, the FW development team and local support teams that are in direct contact with customers.
Be available to go to customers premises when it becomes necessary to secure the business.
Measurement and Simulation:
- Impedance measurements with VNA, antenna matching with smith chart
- Simulation with ADS
- Performance measurements with test equipment
- Rigorous and autonomous
- Highly motivated to learn and work with complex system and ecosystem
- Highly motivated to invest yourself to satisfy customers expectations in term of quality and delivery date.
Europe, France, Rousset
Education level required
5 - Master degree
Experience level required
Less than 2 years
· French (2- Business fluent)
· English (2- Business fluent)
Desired start date