40 - Experienced
Failure Analysis M/F
Product failure analyst tasks consist in performing activities of analysis and reverse engineering on electronic devices showing a failure.
The candidate will be responsible of the following activities:
· collection of all the necessary data for the failure mode comprehension and reproduction.
· Reproduction at bench of the failure symptom.
· Fault isolation through advanced lab equipment based on photon emission, laser stimulation, thermal emission.
· Analysis of fault isolation results inside the IC, through design CAD navigation
· Destructive physical analysis guidance, aimed at identifying the point of failure within the device.
· Strong involvement in problem solving flow: joining crisis team, meeting internal and external customers, applying continuous brainstorming with all involved technical experts (product Engineers, designers, application engineers, FAB quality, program managers, reliability engineers, …)
The position allows to see all the steps of an IC fabrication, from the design phase to the manufacturing steps, growing competencies in product design, package and silicon manufacturing process.
The person will work in a team, in close collaboration with the people of it, in a context of Failure Analysis network, present at local level, in Agrate site, but also at international level, within STM but also outside the company.
Education: Master Degree in Electronics Engineering or Physics with orientation in semiconductors.
The location is Agrate within AMS Q&R group, Advanced Product Analysis team.
· physics and/or electronics, both digital and analog.
· Hardware and/or software development.
· Testing competences and semiconductors process flow are a plus.
Soft skills / attitudes:
· strong perseverance, patience and orientation to reach the goal.
· Critical spirit.
· Curiosity and creativity.
· Good relation and team work skills: need of continuous brainstorm with the team and other team colleagues.
· Motivation to work in laboratories showing worldwide state of the art equipment and techniques.
Europe, Italy, Agrate
Education level required
5 - Master degree
Experience level required
English (2- Business fluent)
Desired start date