40 - Experienced
Failure Analysis, Lab Support Engineer (SG6/8 FA Lab) M/F
Our next technology can start with You!
Each of our technologies starts with passion, commitment, and dedication that together are the force behind our world- and life-changing work. We trust in the synergy of our talents to think, create, and develop solutions for the world in which they would like to live.
STMicroelectronics is inviting aspiring individuals to start a rewarding career with us.
As a Failure Analysis Engineer, you will be involved in:
· Performing more than one of the following :Electrical Analysis using techniques such as Emission Microscopy, OBIRCH, SEI, PVC, Liquid Crystal, Circuit Modifications, Spreading Resistance (SRP), Scan Failure Analysis etc
· Physical Analysis such as delayering (Wet/Dry/Lapping), cross-section (Mechanical & FIB), advanced analytical techniques (TEM/SIMS/TOF-SIMS) etc
· Reliability Analysis using Parametric Analyzers and reliability techniques such as transistor characterization, oxide integrity, reliability models etc
· Ensuring implementation of Laboratory request procedures, tools usage control and sustain an effective quality system in place
· Driving or improving Laboratory methodology to support technology transfer, high impact Company priority projects, complex primary defect root cause and failure mechanism
· Identifying and contribute to Laboratory opportunities in terms of capabilities, tools, and technique through benchmarking with other Laboratories (R&D, Division, Regional and external), equipment suppliers, external conferences, and consortia
· Reviewing and approving analysis report, provides technical leadership/advisory/mentoring to junior analyst
· Designing and fabricating tools/methodology that will facilitate new sample preparation method or improve efficiency of current Laboratory process (Trade secret/Patent/Technical papers etc)
· Leading and facilitating LEAN and continuous process improvement-based projects to drive solutions for wastages elimination and participates in regional projects.
· Effective communication on technical details through reports and presentations to engineers, managers, and customers
· Meeting the lab requirements in terms of Quality System (IATF-16949 and ISO-17025), EHS (Ecology, Health & Safety) and 5S
· Identify and analyze failure mode using the applicable FA techniques
You are suitable for this role if you are/ have:
· Bachelor's degree, Master’s, or PhD in electrical, electronic, material, physics field or related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2 years relevance experience will be an advantage
· Technical expert in the Laboratory specializing in Failure Analysis. Strong background on circuit Design and GDS / Schematic to physical layout interpretation
· Knowledgeable and stay up to date on semiconductor technology and product innovation in microelectronics and Si Processing particularly in the manufacturing and development of the POWER/Bipolar & CMOS technology
· Competent in Quality Management System such as IATF-16949 and ISO-17025 etc
· Good understanding of LEAN, SPC, FMEA, 8D etc. methodologies
· Able to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment autonomously
· Can-do attitude, independent and able to work in a cross functional team
We put people first
At STMicroelectronics, we are proud to be an international company, proud to offer an open and connected work environment, and above all, proud of our team’s diversity. We are committed to empowering everyone to realize their potential through a culture of autonomy, creativity and personal development.
Start a rewarding career with us! We provide
Enhanced Benefits (Medical, Dental, Optical)
Free In-house Medical
Comprehensive In-house Training & Development Plans
Smart Casual Dress Code
Free Parking in Company Premise
Asia-Pacific, Singapore, Ang Mo Kio
Education level required
4 - Bachelor degree
Experience level required
English (2- Business fluent)
Desired start date