30 - Graduate Entry Level
FAE / Applications Engineer M/F
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities, and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life.
We have an opportunity in our Santa Clara, CA office for a Field Applications Engineer that will support design-in at key customers, developing custom systems based on ST solutions.
This position will work closely with the divisional applications and engineering team to ensure customers are successful in building their systems with ST solutions.
This Application Engineer will establish a technical relationship with engineers, management, and architects at focus accounts, provide onsite support to solve problems in hardware and software, create technical solutions such as hardware & software demos and reference system designs.
May be occasionally required to present at ST technical conferences and give product specific customer training sessions (seminars/workshops).
Travel Requirements: Available for business travels (National and International) expected less than 15% of working time.
• BSEE or other technical degree and 1+ years of experience
• Technical knowledge of analog and digital products for Power Electronics applications.
• Knowledge of power converter topologies, power stages, control techniques, magnetic component design and optimization.
• Experience with lab testing, prototype validation and familiarity with the applicable lab instrumentation
• Experience with software development for embedded processor systems is preferred.
• Ability to validate designs through design reviews, detailed analysis, simulation, and product testing.
• Demonstrated curiosity in engineering and the ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to project needs.
• Experience with electronic CADs tools and ability to produce PCB layouts of medium complexity.
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers as required, with the responsibility to support customers engineers in the development or troubleshooting of solutions based on ST power products.
• Team player with good communication and problem-solving skills, to successfully cooperate with ST personnel in other technical roles or product marketing, contributing to the promotion of ST solutions and to the achievement of the assigned business objectives.
Americas, United states, Santa Clara
Education level required
4 - Bachelor degree
Experience level required
Less than 2 years
English (3- Advanced)
Desired start date