40 - Experienced
Semiconductor Failure Analysis Chemist
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
STMicroelectronics has the need for a Semiconductor Failure Analysis Chemist in our Coppell, TX office to perform Physical Failure analysis of semiconductor devices to determine the failure mechanism.
· Administration of the Chemical lab with activities, involving Chemical Hood maintenance, neutralization tanks, Polisher waste tank, chemical material procurement, Chemical Recipe formulations development and Management.
· Responsible of Chemical safety, EHS, audits and ERT (Emergency response team).
· Perform Physical Failure analysis of semiconductor devices to determine the failure mechanism.
· Devices supported include automotive audio devices and regulators, mobile phone/tablet MEMs and a variety of devices in other consumer products.
· Sample preparation and physical analysis and defect identification.
· Use analysis tools such as X-Ray, optical microscopes, SEM, FIB, Laser Scanning Microscope, RIE (Reactive Ion etching tool), mechanical polishers, laser and chemical decapsulators, chemical hoods, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering (Master’s/Ph.D preferred)
· 2 – 5 Years of experience
· Semiconductor industry knowledge (preferred)
· Technical writing/interpretation skills and analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Chemical Recipe formulations development and Management
· Chemical and mechanical delayer of semiconductor devices
· PH Calibration
· Chemical Hood maintenance
· Perform with a persistent attention to detail and possess a high level of comfort in working with investigative nature of activities.
· Collaborate with Failure Analysis engineers and technicians.
· Interface with vendors
· Demonstrate proficient computer skills, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Americas, United states, Coppell
Education level required
4 - Bachelor degree
Experience level required
English (3- Advanced)
Desired start date