30 - Graduate Entry Level
Buyer / Acheteur M/F M/F
Contract duration (nb of months)
STMicroelectronics (Crolles) is seeking to recruit a Buyer for a 1 year temporary mission within the Purchasing Department to handle Logistics purchasing activities.
The job holder shall be part of the Global Procurement Organization, reporting to the Head of Asia Site Service and Worldwide Logistics.
Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Acting as a business partner for the company`s Global Logistics & Warehousing Organization team serving as a key interface for its stakeholders.
· Overseeing the purchasing activities as may be needed.
· Sourcing and assessing vendors in terms of cost, quality and service
· Carrying out market studies
· Managing supplier base and strengthening vendors relationship.
· Issuing the request for quotations and tenders.
· Evaluate the bids, Negotiate the prices and contracts with vendors.
· Attend projects meetings follow up on the agreed delivery conditions.
· Negotiate changes between contract and actual project needs
· Evaluate cost data, work diligently to identify cost saving opportunities
· Liaising with logistics and forwarders to expedite deliveries under criticality or emergency.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate shall:
· Hold a Diploma or higher procurement or similar subjects.
· Have at least 3 years’ experience including internship.
· Hold a sound knowledge of office tools (incl. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email).
· Knowledge of SAP system is a plus.
· Have the ability to connect with people from different levels.
· Be fluent in English & French both written and spoken.
· Be meticulous, self-organized and motivated to learn new skills.
· Be able to work under pressure
· Be an excellent team player.
Europe, France, Crolles
Education level required
5 - Master degree
Experience level required
· French (3- Advanced)
· English (3- Advanced)
Desired start date