Empower indie brands worldwide to grow faster and more profitably.
· We like to think of indie brands as rebels. They bring transparency in materials, sourcing, pricing, and profits, which leads to higher-quality and more affordable products for consumers. If they are thriving, we as consumers are thriving, and we are proud to be an enabler of positive commerce, helping independent brands win over large corporate brands
· D2C e-commerce merchants use on average ten platforms to grow their business. Their marketers? They’re constantly jumping from one app to another, spending more time pulling data than making the right decisions for the brand.
· Polar Analytics allows e-commerce merchants to easily combine all of their marketing data from multiple ad platforms, analytics tools, modern CRM, and sales channels to make the right data-driven decisions in seconds.
We founded the company at the beginning of 2020, and already serve 80+ D2C brands around the world. Our clients are creating the future of e-commerce by building beautiful brands, putting customer at heart and providing more local and environmentally friendly products, which inspires us every day.
· Freedom - The best people want and deserve ownership & autonomy
· Humility - Simple is beautiful
· Down-to-earth - Data matters. What is measured is improved
· Ambition - Life is short, let's run fast
We're looking for an experienced Data Engineer to come and help build a world-class data platform with the best technologies out there and the capacity to scale and support our growth.
We are looking for someone to fully own data as is it a key component of our product.
As a lead data engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
· Lead the design & development of the data infrastructure that will allow us to integrate, store & expose our customers' data in a single application
· Data warehousing: we haven’t figured out what data-warehouse to use to process data for 1M+ e-commerce brands yet - we’re hiring you to figure it out!
· ELTs: design and develop data pipelines for batch processing
· Data modeling: organise business data in the best way possible to be consumed by our analytics backend
· Work hand in hand with our tech team to orchestrate data processing tasks and their monitoring in production
· Work with data scientists to implement Machine Learning features in the product
Why join the team?
· Remote-first organization with a culture around impact rather than time spent
· Ownership & Autonomy to build something from the ground-up
· Very Competitive salary
· Highly meaningful equity package
· Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
What we're looking for
· You are passionate about building systems from scratch
· You have a solid experience in building pipelines in a production environment including projects where you were technical lead
· You have experience in cloud & serverless (AWS/GCP) as well as SQL and NoSQL datastores
· You have previous experience with big data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, etc)
· You thrive in a dynamic and fast changing environment. You are okay with writing code that doesn't scale to achieve growth needs.
· You have be confronted to the challenges that come with streaming technologies: performance & monitoring, real-time data processing, etc
· Contract Type: Full-Time
· Location: Paris, France (75013)
· Experience: > 2 years
· Possible full remote
· Salary: between 60000 and 80000 / year