Who we are ?
At Shipup , our mission is to create a seamless, proactive and branded post-purchase experience for online retailers.
If you are used to buying online, you probably already went though the exprience of losing your nerve for an order that encounters multiple incidents. For online retailers, a poor post-purchase experience is a costly nightmare: it drags down customer satisfaction, online reputation and repeat purchase rate while inflating the volume of complaints at customer support.
Shipup is a SaaS company that tracks in real time the orders and deliveries of online retailers in order to create a seamless, branded and reassuring post-purchase exprience (proactive and live notifications, customized tracking pages, customer surveys at delivery…). Thanks to Shipup, ordering online is less stressful. Online shoppers are more satisfied, they complain less and buy again more.
The company has been created at the end of 2016 by Romain , Terence and Quentin : 3 co-founders from HEC Paris and Centrale Paris who used to work for Drivy (acquired by Getaround), Rocket Internet, Casper and Dashlane.
Shipup works with more than 300 brands in Europe and North America, some of which are very successful digitally native brands (Cheerz, Blissim, Withings, Feed., Le Petit Ballon, Respire, Aime, Na-Kd, Ssense, Ysé, A.P.C. …) while others are larger, more traditional accounts (Leclerc, Carrefour, Intermarché, Go Sport, Yves Rocher…).
June 30th 2020: Shipup announces a 6m series A in order to open an office in New York and recruit 45 people in the next 12 months.
Descriptif du poste
We're looking for our first (Lead) DevOps x Back-end whose main mission will be to take the leadership of all DevOps topics.
You'll join a team of twelve (9 technical people, 1 product manager & 1 product designer ) led by Quentin , our CTO & CPO.
This team is divided into two squads :
Online-shopper perceived value (where we are hiring)
This squad has the ownership of all features that are directly dedicated to end-customers. Squad members will focus on features for which the benefits are mainly perceived by / or directed towards the latter.
Team members : Aliou (Lead Developer), Juliette , Jean and Arthur (Developers)
Merchant perceived value
This squad has the ownership of all features that benefit directly the Merchants. Squad members will focus on providing our merchant's operations and CS teams with the tools and resources they need to be successful.
Team members : Simon (Lead Developer), Hugo , Kevin and Baptiste (Developers)
As a DevOps x Back-end @Shipup, you will
(40%) DevOps challenges
· You'll take the leadership of all DevOps topics : monitoring, deployment, environment and version management, database performance management and high availability
· You'll propose new processes, take the lead on tomorrow's challenges and implement the best practices
· You will anticipate possible problems that may occur and put in place solutions to avoid them
(60%) Development challenges
· You'll develop new products on our roadmap (delivery forecasting module, marketplaces management...)
· You'll integrate new e-commerce platforms and new carriers
· You'll optimize our current platform (scalability, unit and integration tests) and develop new internal tools (reporting, better CI / CD pipeline...)
Our Technical Stack
· Kubernetes + Docker for ops
· Hosted on GCP
· Datadog, LogDNA, Sentry for monitoring
· Monolithic infrastructure + introduction of microservices (for about a year, 3 services today)
· PostgreSQL + Elasticsearch + RabbitMQ for storage
· Ruby on Rails and Go backend
· React (ES6 + Webpack + Redux) frontend
Organization & How the team works
· Oncall: some "oncall duty" with weekly rotation, the member of the team has to take care of the maintenance and customer requests
· Division into squads
· Sprints of 2 weeks : daily, planning, retro, grooming...
· Review groups
· Peer-programing groups
· Multidisciplinary team: the idea is to get one Product Manager and one Product Designer in each team
You could be a good fit if:
· You've worked on a product experiencing rapid-growth — your work is well-crafted and * well-tested * for scale.
· You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
· You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
· You have backend and infrastructure experience.
Nice to have
· You're fluent with Ruby
· You already faced an environment with similar technical constraints or > than Shipup : large volume of data, communication between services, highly distributed architecture...
· You have already worked on projects with specific architecture problems where you found solutions: monitoring and implementation
Process de recrutement
Our recruitment roadmap remains unchanged due to health conditions. On the opposite, we need more than ever resources to reach our ambitious objectives.
* That’s why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates. *
Here are the steps of our recruitment process :
(45min) Screening call with Quentin , our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
(01:30) Technical test with Quentin , our CTO
To evaluate your DevOps hard skills
(01:00) Hiring manager interview with Aliou
To evaluate your development hard skills and soft skills
(01:30) Drinks or lunch with the team
To ensure that you will be in line with our values and culture
Why should you apply ?
· Join us at a magical time: Shipup's been exponentially growing in the past few months
· Competitive salary
· International team where everyone cares for one another
· Stylish office located in the heart of Paris (75002, Sentier)
· Swile card (meal vouchers), free coffee and fruits
· Transportation (50%)
· Potential for career evolutions due to our strong growth
· Type de contrat : CDI
· Date de début : 01 juin 2021
· Lieu : Paris, France (75002)
· Niveau d'études : Bac +5 / Master
· Expérience : > 2 ans
· Télétravail ponctuel autorisé
· Salaire : entre 50000 et 70000 / an