At Elevo, we think that a well crafted software can help induce a positive paradigm shift in how companies think about management and feedback. Historically, it's been backwards: HR software emulates existing workflow in a clunky, disengaging way. We believe in delivering a management framework that works, enabled by a smooth, beautiful software to make people management work better.
We are inspired by the best practices we have witnessed first hand in our past experiences in bigger tech companies such as Apple, Google or Criteo.
We are looking for pragmatic, like-minded people that like to think through challenges to deliver the best product we can.
🎉 Our Culture
· Our software aims at being simple, reliable, and yet customizeable to adapt most workflows. We start simple, then expand.
· We use a kind of weekly Scrum workflow, keeping what works for us. We design, plan, and discuss together. We do a retrospective once a week, when we discuss technical and organizational matters alike.
· In our processes, in our product and in our code, we always aim for continuous improvement ("kaizen"). We release small and release often.
· Our tech team is working mostly remotly. We still gather in our Paris office to be with other members of the team for the ones not remote, but all meetings are organized remote-first.
💻 Our Stack
· We keep things as simple and up-to-date as necessary.
· On the backend we use Ruby on Rails 6 with PostgreSQL 12 as our main database for our JSON:API endpoints, and Redis for jobs and cache (think volatile data).
· On the frontend, we use React 16.8 with Flow, ES6, and Babel.
· We have an evolving UIKit, spanning from Figma to React, consisting in a set of components, styles and guidelines we reuse. We use SASS and Bulma as a foundation for now.
· We have thousands of Rspec tests, units, integration, API, and E2E, integrated in CI with other linters (Rubocop) and prettiers (well, actually mainly just Prettier ;)). We even have spawnable staging environments and data tests for heavy migrations.
· All of this is monitored through HostedGraphite dashboards. Sentry, LogEntries, Sqreen and NewRelic allow us to stay on top of possible issues, should they arise despite our extensive test suite.
· Possible future evolutions include: using Sorbet to static-type our Ruby, use GraphQL instead of JSON:API if it makes sense, integrate Danger in our CI or make a native 65c816 app.
Elevo is looking for a Full-stack Engineer to take a prime role in our team
As a full-stack engineer in our team, you will:
· Jointly design, deliver and monitor new features
· Interact with the codebase as a whole, be it front-end, back-end, or infrastructure (it's in the code, too)
· Grow your expertise and technical vision
Some example of things you could/would have work on:
· Write unit, integration and E2E tests to ensure everything is ticking nicely before a release
· Add an external integration with a third party API with which to sync user data
· Implement the redesign of the user profile
· Add a filtering component reusable from anywhere in the UI
· Tweak our auto-save feature to handle network interruptions more nicely
🧐 Your are a pragmatic person
🎓 You like to think through challenges to deliver the best product possible
👑 You care about our customer experience
🏆 You have at least 3 years of professional experience in a full stack environment on an SPA app
🎉 You like to work in a team in a chill and fun spirit
2️⃣ Screening 1 (20 min: what we do, what are you looking for)
3️⃣ Screening 2 (1h, CS & programming basics)
4️⃣ Remote deep-dive: Technical interview (1h Design + 2h Full-Stack implementation)
5️⃣ On-site soft skills (currently remote): Chat with employees and founders
· Contract Type: Full-Time
· Location: Paris, France (75010)
· Education Level: Master's Degree
· Experience: > 3 years
· Possible full remote