WHO ARE WE?
Colonies’ mission is to create tomorrow’s housing experience .
People are progressively adopting new lifestyles as independence, flexibility, community and sharing are becoming key values. Meanwhile, traditional housing offer has not evolved over the past decades and is still complex and inflexible. This is why we set out to bring flexible urban housing, making the most of what careful design, state of the art technology and a bustling community can provide.
Created in Paris in 2017, Colonies designs and operates housing buildings located in large cities.
Our places are fully furnished and equipped, mixing private studios for intimacy and common spaces for sharing. Our offer is all-inclusive to make sure our tenants can focus on what really matters to them. Moving to a new place can be challenging and intimidating, which is why we foster community through regular events and activities.
After raising 41 million with investors such as Idinvest Partners, Global Founders Capital, Kima Ventures and Financière Saint James, Colonies is accelerating its growth and will start launching developments and operations across Continental European markets with a focus on Germany, Benelux and Switzerland.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE IN CHARGE OF?
As a Finance Intern , you directly report to the Chief Financial Officer, and support him in his daily activities.
WHAT WOULD YOUR MAIN MISSIONS BE?
· Preparing the materials used for the financial steering of the company (e.g. business review)
· Facilitate the process and execution of accounting closings (on a quarterly basis)
· Orchestrating and fueling the annual budget (twice a year)
· Ensuring the monitoring of internal processes to secure the control environment
· Supporting the teams in defining their KPIs and achieving their metrics-based objectives
· Update financial models and forecasts “in real time” as business goes on
· Helping with the implementation of an ERP by coordinating external consultants and teams
· Assessing any kind of partnerships or M&A opportunities
WHO ARE YOU?
· Academic background from a Business or Engineering institution with Master’s degree in Corporate Finance, Financial Controlling or Accounting
· You already completed an internship in corporate banking, strategy consulting or auditing firm
· You are numerate, Excel guru, at ease with translating business operations into financial models
· Result-driven, you are eager to fasten your learning curve and to exceed the CFO’s expectations
· You have excellent organizational skills and are able to both determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines
· Detailed-oriented, articulate, you have good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills
· You are not shy to navigate across the organization and interact efficiently with various teams
· Business enthusiast at your heart, you aim to significantly contribute to Colonies' ambitions
· You are mature, respectful and a honest person of high integrity
· You comply with Colonies’ culture and values while fostering method and rigorous execution
· You speak and write French fluently and are able to work in English on a daily basis
HOW DO WE PROCEED?
1Intro Call with Justine, Talent Acquisition Manager
2Focus/technical interview with David, CFO
If you have any question, feel free to contact Justine, our Talent Acquisition Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that for organisational reasons, all applications received on this email will not be considered. If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on this page :)
WHY JOINING US?
We are vertically integrated. Everything is made in-house by a community of 60 doers! We source properties, design co-living spaces, supervise the rehabilitation/construction work, rent the rooms and take care of the daily operations to ensure the most enjoyable experience to our tenants.
We are growing at a fast pace to support the opening of a new house every two weeks. As a matter of fact, the number of rooms will be multiplied by 10 in the 18 coming months.
Does it work? Yes, today all our rooms are rented even before the rehabilitation/construction work is over.
If you want to take part in a true entrepreneurial challenge in a start-up in its scaling phase, and build the future of Colonies with us, then tell us who you are, and we would be glad to get to know you!
· Contract Type: Internship (Between 6 and 7 months)
· Start Date: 01 June 2021
· Location: Paris, France (75010)
· Education Level: Master's Degree
· Experience: > 1 year