Scortex enables manufacturers to take better control of their quality. We provide a full-stack solution to digitize quality. It delivers intelligent automation of visual inspections and real-time analytics over quality.
Scortex Quality Intelligence Platform is built to easy deploy and manage deep learning applications on production lines.
Our platform enables manufacturing companies to take control of their quality:
· Automate complex visual inspection tasks at any stage of the manufacturing process
· Monitor quality through real-time data visualization and centralized production knowledge
· Dynamically improve quality thanks to real-time process control
· We believe that digitalization of manufacturing operations will provided imprecedented returns in quality, efficency and environemental impact.
Scortex is a team of passionate and diverse individuals working and learning together to deliver the best solution possible, a unique blend of the tech and manufacturing world.
Scortex's working language is English. All candidates must be able to speak and write English at a business level.
As a Field Application Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and installing Scortex's solution at customer sites. This is a multidisciplinary role which will require working with customers, integrators, and Scortex's hardware, software, and machine learning teams.
The key responsibilities of the Field Application Engineer are:
· Visit customer sites to install the Scortex solution . Visits vary in frequency from 1-3/month. This includes the preparation for the installation, physically installing the machine, and documenting the outcomes of the installation. This will require the Field Application Engineer to sometimes drive to the customer site.
· Work with Scortex's other technical teams to produce the solution . Scortex's solution is the combination of cutting-edge hardware and software. The Field Application engineer needs to work with different technical teams to meet the customer specification. The key teams are Hardware, Software, and Machine Learning.
· Work with 3rd party mechanical integrators to design custom hardware . Many of Scortex's customers require custom hardware from 3rd party integrators. The Field Application Engineer is responsible for the design of the request for proposal (RFP), selecting between different proposals, and monitoring the work of integrators.
· Experience in installing or maintaining industrial equipment.
· Ability to write technical documentation clearly for both customers and Scortex employees.
· Experience working with at least one CAD software (Catia, SolidWorks, Fusion360,...).
· Experience working within a unix environment.
· Experience working with vision systems e.g. cameras
· Experience in building Machine Learning models and/or interpreting Machine Learning model outputs
· Experience on maker projects (involving 3D printing, CNC, raspberry, arduino,...)
· Able to represent Scortex professionally to the customer in written and verbal communications.
· Able to learn new skills quickly.
· Able to work in an international environment
· Able to work independently and prioritize among different project demands.
· Experience within the industrial and manufacturing sector
· English written and spoken (Business Level) - Scortex's business language is English. All interviews will be conducted in English.
· Valid driving licence
Scortex can sponsor French Talent Visas.
· Contract Type: Full-Time
· Location: Paris, France (75013)
· Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
· Salary: between 40000 and 60000 / year