June 30th 2020: Shipup announces a 6m series A in order to open an office in New York and recruit 45 people in the next 12 months.
At Shipup, our mission is to create a seamless, proactive and branded post-purchase experience for online retailers.
If you are used to buying online, you probably already went through the experience of losing your nerve for an order that encounters multiple incidents. For online retailers, a poor post-purchase experience is a costly nightmare: it drags down customer satisfaction, online reputation, and repeats purchase rate while inflating the volume of complaints at customer support.
Shipup is a SaaS company that tracks in real-time the orders and deliveries of online retailers in order to create a seamless, branded, and reassuring post-purchase experience (proactive and live notifications, customized tracking pages, customer surveys at delivery…). Thanks to Shipup, ordering online is less stressful. Online shoppers are more satisfied, they complain less and buy again more.
The company has been created at the end of 2016 by 3 Cofounders who used to work for Rocket Internet, Casper, and Dashlane.
Shipup works with more than 400 brands in Europe and North America , some of which are very successful DTC and digital-native brands (Purple Carrots, Nation Photo Labs, SSENSE, Peak Design, Na-Kd …) while others are large Enterprise accounts ( Carrefour, Yves Rocher, Morrocan Oil…).
We are now a team of 40 people and growing fast! Our ambition is to become the leader in the eCommerce post-purchase experience.
Shipup has been selling in the US from Europe with success for 2 years . On the ground of this successful experience, we have opened offices in NYC to accelerate. That’s where you come in.
As one of the 1st Account Executives based in NYC, you will play a critical role in the development of Shipup in the US. You will help future customers understand the value of our product, ensure a successful implementation, as well as maintaining a long-term relationship to build & scale-up Shipup's reputation in the US. You will leverage what we learn in the past years and test and improve the sales process.
This position is ideal for someone who is looking to work in an international team, take initiative, and is eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Use a consultative selling approach : Uncover pain points and help prospects realize Shipup’s value through conversational discovery calls & tailored demos
· * Work collaboratively with other teams * (BDR, Onboarding, Customer Success, Tech team) to drive opportunities across the finish line
· Constantly optimize the sales pipeline , by leveraging data at each step of the process (which implies keeping the pipeline up to date within the CRM)
· * Attend targeted events * to find new leads
· A strong focus on customer success , both during the initial sale and post-sale
Meet the NYC team
· Ethan Bourland
· Jose Martinez
· Terence Delahaye
Sales at Shipup
· Deal Size: $20k ARR
· Close rate: 35%
· Growth: 2x
· Customers: Adoreme, Purple Carrot, Ssense, Na-kd, Morrocan Oil and more
· Profile Buyer: Customer support manager / Ecommerce director
You could be a good fit if :
· 1+ year of sales experience in tech
· Excellent communication and writing skills in English
· You are an active listener who can identify opportunities and leverage them
· Ability to have strategic, business-oriented conversations at the VP and C-level.
· Selling is something you like doing, and you want to get better at it
· You are looking for a "launching a startup" experience with the opening of the US office (a high level of ownership & initiative is required)
· Salesforce and/or Hubspot experience
Why should you apply ?
· Join us at a magical time: in 3 years, you will be able to say: “I was there when it was only 4 of us in the US”. Your decisions will have a long-term impact.
· A team where everyone cares for one another (If you want to read what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! )
· Cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
· Great commission plan
· You will have a strong impact and will be fully responsible of our scale phase
3 reasons to believe us
Everything has to be built and/or challenged on the human, process and technical levels.
Our scale has just begun (Series A)
We have achieved product market fit (low churn rate of our customers) BUT the go to market fit is still on-going.
Company Benefits and Perks
· Competitive salary, equity packages and performance bonus packages
· 4 weeks vacation and parental leave
· Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
· Many lunches, diners, drinks, parties…
· Health coverage
· Every semester (once traveling is safe) we organize a company-wide insane off-sites in Europe & in the US (Sicily, Marrakech, Corsica, Alps…) to strengthen the social bonds
· Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup
· Stylish office located in the Dumbo, Brooklyn (Rooftop access, desks with large windows, natural lights and a view on Brooklyn Bridge...)
30’ Pre-qualification call with Angélique , Talent Acquisition Manager
60’ interview with Ethan or Jose
60’ interview with Térence (COO) + 1 quick chat with Romain , CEO
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Shipup is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· Contract Type: Full-Time
· Location: Brooklyn, United States (11201)
· Experience: > 1 year