Who Are We?
Sopra Banking Software is the partner of choice for more than 1,500 financial institutions worldwide.
The rich variety of our solutions, the strength of our conviction, and our passion for innovation enable us to support our clients on a daily basis and in their future projects, as well as in their goals regarding financial inclusion. Our customers, based in over 80 countries around the world, benefit every day from our technologies and software, as well as the expertise of our 5,000 employees.
Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a European leader in consulting, digital services, and software development. With 50,000 employees, the Sopra Steria Group generated a turnover of €5.1 billion in 2022.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram, or visit www.soprabanking.com
What role will you play?
Our customers are the core to our definition of success and therefore how we engage and assist with their experience is a crucial aspect to our success as a company! Ensuring our clients’ understanding of and familiarity with our product will be a key determining factor to not only their success but ours as well! Our Business Analysts (BAs) have a big role in making sure that understanding and familiarity are thoroughly explained from not just the technical perspective but also the business perspective! BAs are responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements, and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. BAs act as the primary business contact for clients; dealing with customer queries and managing expectations. We are looking for a business analyst who is a creative, “out of the box” problem-solver with strong quantitative analysis skills and the ability to quickly understand business issues and data challenges. They will possess above average quantitative analysis skills along with a good sense of professional/organizational judgment. Experience with software implementation and support in financial services industry is a strong benefit.
What will you be doing?
· Responsible for ensuring customer success and helping the company meet current and future customer needs
· Work closely with customers to gather, interpret and document their business requirements
· Analyze business requirements and document and propose solutions to meet them
· Produce detailed functional specifications that will drive the design, development and test phases of projects that deliver the solutions
· Use your excellent communication skills providing clear, relevant information liaising with our developers to deliver these solutions in an elegant fashion
· Receive and triage ticketing concerns with deep analytical and investigative intent
· Collaborate with various departments and stakeholders to gather, document, and analyze business requirements, processes, and workflows
· Identify areas for process improvement and recommending solutions to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness
· Translate business requirements into clear and concise functional specifications for technical teams
· Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technology teams
· Manage any escalated issues in accordance with standard procedures and service level agreements
· Supports internal training on system and client bespoke requirements
· Escalates any risks and issues which may be identified
· Assists with the execution of testing work streams
· Maintains regular contact with clients, including regular scheduled meetings
What do we require from you?
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
· Knowledge of relevant tools such Oracle PL/SQL (basic knowledge: Select / Update)
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
· Proficiency in requirement gathering techniques, process modeling, and documentation
· Familiarity with project management methodologies and software development lifecycle
· Ability to analyze data models to deliver logical conclusions
· Ability to create training plans and lead training sessions for external users
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently adopts a pro-active approach
· An understanding of development approach and methodology
· Excellent problem solving
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal abilities, with strong customer service skills
· Strong presentation capabilities
· Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
· Creative thinking as facilitated through brainstorming, mind mapping, and lateral thinking
· Strong decision-making ability and ability to make a selection of a course of action or to be able to facilitate such a thinking process
· Able to listen, observe, learn and understand whatever is required to facilitate the process of providing solutions for problems and opportunities
· Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced and high pressured environment
· A proactive and solutions driven approach to daily responsibilities
· BS/BA in IT/Business/Finance/Engineering
· 3+ years of experience
· Knowledge and experience in finance domain (leasing, lending, asset management)
· Knowledge on SDLC (software development life cycle)
· French and/or Spanish is a +
Why should you apply?
If you are looking for an opportunity to not only grow professionally but also personally SBS is the place for you! We pride ourselves on making sure each employee receives the same level of commitment and dedication as we give our clients! You will be seen, heard, poured into, provided the proper tools and resources necessary to grow and encouraged to flourish! We acknowledge how much time is actually dedicated to the great work you will provide thus we deem it necessary to nurture not just your talents but you as an individual! Each office provides a unique associate experience that extends pass the walls in hopes to also accommodate any and all remote work activity as well!
Our Tribe – if you’re looking for diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging LOOK NO FURTHER!
We’re a part of various ecosystems in an increasingly multicultural and diverse world. And as a company, we have a responsibility to those who place their trust in us. From e-sports players to volunteers for humanitarian organizations, from drummers to street art lovers, we’re a diverse and close-knit team, united by a passion for all-things digital.
Our diversity is our strength. Our approach is our difference.
We look for people who are driven by results and have a clear aptitude for providing solutions for our clients. A passion to succeed is very important, especially if you can balance it with empathy for our diverse customers and understanding of what they really need. No matter where you are in your career path, if you find yourself sharing our core values, looking to bring fresh ideas to the table, and wanting to make an impact – HERE IS WHERE YOU START!
Some things to look forward to:
· Individual mentoring and ongoing support throughout your entire SBS journey
· Excellent employee benefits – medical, life and 401k match!
· Competitive and fair compensation structure
· Thorough and
· Flexible work environment that fully supports a healthy work life balance
· Great people and engaging working environment
· Dedicated commitment to values that surround our people, the community, the environment and market/business ethics
· Involvement with fresh initiatives that support our corporate responsibility towards Access to Education, Gender Equality, Financial Inclusion, and Environmental Sustainability
Pay Transparency: Competitively $85,000/annually
At Sopra Banking Software, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal information will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equality act.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At our organization, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination. We foster a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
All of our positions are open to people with disabilities.