· City:Tempe, Arizona
· Region:North America
Job Category: Marketing and Sales
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Technology Solutions is a global leader in specialty mining reagents, phosphine-based chemistry, and solutions for stabilization of polymers. Its portfolio includes world class, leading-edge technologies and unrivaled technical service and applications expertise that support our customers in developing tailor-made solutions, in particular for mining, where Solvay's products allow customers to extract metal concentrates from increasingly more complex and depleted ores.
Mining Solutions is the global leader in specialty mining reagents for mineral processing, solvent extraction, industrial minerals and alumina process chemicals. It has a portfolio of unique technologies delivering strong customer value. We provide dedicated on-site technical service and applications expertise to support our customers’ needs. We do these by strong customer relationships and ongoing collaborations to solve the most demanding industry challenges.
The person in this position will have a leading role in the realization of the Mineral Processing business growth objectives for North America.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
· The candidate’s primary objective is to provide best in class technical service and customer support in the use of our products and to ensure the achievement of the commercial objectives of the Mineral Processing business
· Apply and safeguard the application of Solvay safety regulations in all circumstances
· Support new prospects and existing business by conducting lab work to explore new opportunities with both New Product Introductions (NPI) and existing products
· Defend current business and lead/support trial activities including NPI and existing products.
· Ensure and maintain multi-level contact at customer sites, in a planned and disciplined manner so as to facilitate the timely execution of project plans through sound commercial relationships.
· Take the lead to collect customer data, conduct analysis and provide recommendations to advance projects and/or exploit new opportunities
· Support customers and other sales representatives in resolving non-routine technical issues and troubleshooting.
· Ensure compliance to internal reporting requirements including but not limited to: call reports, monthly highlights, trial proposals, trial reports, commercial performance reports
· Comply with Solvay policies such as code of conduct, anti-bribery, antitrust, business travel expense guidelines.
Education and Experience
A successful candidate will:
· Possess a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, metallurgy or chemistry.
· At least 5 years Laboratory / Plant Process (flotation concentrator) experience. Both are equally critical in the role.
· Be a self-motivator with skills in problem solving
· Hands on lab skills to conduct lab trials are highest priority
· Demonstrate good technical and commercial sense with a high focus on value selling
· Desire to build excellent customer relationships while promoting Solvay products for the benefit of the client.
· Physical capability to periodically lift up to 50 lbs and to cover plant trials as needed
Additional considerations for a successful candidate:
· Communicate effectively in written and spoken English
· Be a strong team player with focus on compliance to company policies
· Willing to travel or be on customer site at least 60% of his/her time; travel will change according to the customers‘ requirements
· Able to operate in a global/virtual organization
· Demonstrate a hunter personality, taking initiative to identify and convert opportunities into new sales
· Be comfortable with working remotely
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.