Job Category: Research & Innovation
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
The Research & Innovation function (R&I) leads Solvay into new growth territories with breakthrough innovation to generate new products, applications and processes in the field of sustainable chemistry. Partners with the GBUs to deliver more value and leverages the Group’s capabilities to improve competitiveness and create new business opportunities for Solvay and its customers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Solvay Novecare Agricultural Specialties offer innovative, safe and eco-friendly solutions for the farming industry, ensuring higher agricultural yields and better resource management.
As a member of the Novecare European Agricultural Specialties R&D lab, you will be in charge of managing a complete portfolio of innovation projects addressing strategic Agro segments, with a more specific focus on green solvents solutions and fertilizer protection solutions, delivering formulation & technological solutions in adequation with market & customer needs. You will manage a team of 1 lab technician & apprentices/interns.
Solvay Novecare Agricultural Specialties offer innovative, safer and eco-friendly solutions for the farming industry, ensuring higher agricultural yields combined with better resource management.
Location: RIC-P Aubervilliers, FRANCE
Key Responsabilities/Scope of Missions
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
· Set-up technical programs in the field of solubility/formulations studies for phytosanitary actives and for enhanced fertilizer protection products.
· Set up and manage roadmap innovation projects in collaboration with business teams based in Europe but also North/Latin America and Asia Pacific.
· Ensure those projects deliver technological and formulation solutions in line with customers’ specifications and timelines expected.
· Animate & manage a R&D team based in France, composed of 1 experienced lab technician and apprentice and/or intern, making sure the whole team is performing as expected and every team member has the opportunity to develop further technical skills.
· Provide technical support to customers (customer visits & trainings, call conferences etc.)
· Take care of patent and literature surveys (articles, patents, competitive watch, …) in considered segments
· As a Project manager, involve all resources (outside of the team) that are key to project delivery, including synthesis & process teams, analytical teams, purchasing teams, plant teams, product stewardship teams etc.
· Provides all relevant documentation (reports etc.) and participate to patents filing strategies.
Education and Experience
Chemistry/ Physico-Chemistry MS Degree (Ingénieur Chimiste), completed by preference by a PhD (Physico-chemistry polymers/surfactants/ formulation science / surface modification/rheology soft materials).
3-5 years experience in R&D innovation projects management
An experience in Solvents (Hansen solubility parameters/ COSMO-RS), Crop Protection formulations or Fertilizers would truly be an advantage.
Fluent in English, French (if not fluent in French, willingness to take French courses to become fluent)
Strong customer orientation, high reactivity and proactivity
Rigor, analytical thinking and ability to express complex topics in a concise way.
Strong organizational skills, ability to manage a pipeline of several projects, short-term & long-term
Collaborative and team spirit
Leadership, curiosity, creativity.
Team Management & development skills