· Region:North America
Job Category: Research & Innovation
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Technology Solutions is a global leader in specialty mining reagents, phosphine-based chemistry, and solutions for stabilization of polymers. Its portfolio includes world class, leading-edge technologies and unrivaled technical service and applications expertise that support our customers in developing tailor-made solutions, in particular for mining, where Solvay's products allow customers to extract metal concentrates from increasingly more complex and depleted ores.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this job is to assist in the development of new specialty reagents in the R&I team for use in the Alumina and Industrial Minerals Industry. Additionally working with the sales team in establishing the best practices for Solvay’s application technology to grow and defend existing business. The position includes training Solvay and customer personnel on the application of these reagents and acting as a project liaison with manufacturing facilities globally.
· Responsible for planning, execution, and interpretation of experiments.
· Carry out routine laboratory procedures and develop new application tests to be used in the development of Solvay’s products in Stamford R&I labs.
· Provide technical expertise in the effort to develop new products for the alumina and industrial minerals industry. This also includes technical leadership in supporting of Manufacturing, R&D, Sales and Marketing.
· Develop plans to carryout laboratory and plant scale evaluations of Solvay’s products at customer sites. This encompasses review and analysis of results, and providing conclusions and recommendations for future experiments/tests.
· Be a key part of cross-functional teams aimed at delivering new products.
· Work with minimal direct supervision in a safe manner. Promote a safe working attitude in the laboratory.
Education and Experience
1. BS or MSc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
2. 2+ years’ experience in a lab setting.
1. Good hands-on skills for laboratory testing and plant scale evaluations.
2. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Collaborate well with other team members towards the same goal
4. Should be self-motivated and empowered individual able to perform work safely and efficiently with a minimum of supervision
5. Ability to collaborate with and communicate to multiple stakeholders – verbal and written
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.