· Country:United Kingdom
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Composite Materials is a top-tier supplier to the aerospace engineered materials market known for its expertise in design materials and process engineering. We deliver optimal material
solutions to address our customer’s most challenging demand for new high-performance materials that reduce weight, improve aerodynamics, and ultimately lower the total part costs for customers. The business supplies composites technologies to civil and military aircraft manufacturers which comprises the
majority of sales, with the balance of sales into various industrial markets.
For our Aerospace R&I facility in Wrexham, UK, we are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to support the Wrexham Engineering team. As part of the GBU Composites Materials, Wrexham plays a crucial role in serving the aerospace business of the GBU
Job Overview and Responsibilities
· Operate in accordance with Company HSE policies and SSoW procedures
· Work to develop maintenance schedules, carrying out planned preventative maintenance on a range of process and support equipment
· React swiftly to process breakdowns to minimise downtime
· Ensure root cause of equipment failure is always identified and appropriate preventative action implemented
· Accurate and consistent completion of documentation and Sap data
· Management of contractors in accordance with the site contractor management policy
· Facilitate and lead continuous improvement activities by using lean/six-sigma methodology to reduce the R&I Process downtime
· Support CapEx projects throughout exploration/definition and execution
· Identify and maintain stock of critical spares
· Pro-actively suggest process improvement or automation
· Day Based Role
Education and Experience
· Time served engineering apprenticeship.
· Minimum ONC/HNC in Engineering (ideally both mechanical and electrical).
· IEE 18th edition regulations if electrically biased.
· COMPEX qualified (advantageous)
Knowledge of PLCs, Controls and Motor Drives, AC and DC motors, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Electrical and Mechanical principlesExcellent problem solving skills, including use of Root Cause AnalysisKnowledge and experience of modern maintenance methodologies such as; RCM, TPM and Condition monitoringA good team player who is capable of working with others and using their own initiativeSignificant experience as a Maintenance Engineer Understanding of; Safe systems of work, PTW, Risk assessment and ATEX
· A competitive salary and benefits package
· Opportunities for personal growth and development
· Interesting career opportunities in a globally operating corporation