· Region:Asia Pacific
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Rotating shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Novecare develops and produces formulations that alter the properties of liquids. It offers solutions to the oil and gas industry using an extensive range of surface chemistries combined with applications expertise. Novecare also provide specialty solutions for certain industrial applications, agricultural, and coatings markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
· Support Laboratory Manager on the operation of the QC laboratory
· Interacts collaboratively with production team to communicate test results, recommend corrective action..
· Performing a variety of daily to complex QC tests. Involved in performing calculations, recommending general formula and responding to productions questions and concerns.
· Empowered to advise production technicians based on the judgement and interpretation of results within general guidelines
· Ensure smooth laboratory supplies to guarantee uninterrupted QC function
· To ensure compliance of all laboratory activities to security, safety & environment procedures & requirements
· Provides training, guidance, technical counsel to new technicians
· Investigates, prepares and practices routine and non-routine analytical methodology
· Main contact to Process Engineer/Shift Leads
· Ensure compliance in QC work instruction adhere to ISO 9001 / FSSC22000
· Cleans, maintains and calibrates complex equipment and maintains a clean and safe work environment
· Capacity Increase - OEE improvement & process improvement for MDC
· Fix Cost Reduction –To contribute to 2017 Fixed Cost budget and beyond in his perimeter
· Qualification of Products- To improve product quality, reduce off-spec material and NPI (Non-Productive Inventory) and attain FSR (First Shot Right) objective of the plant.
· Production team: Good communication and collaboration with production team to support on smooth operation
· Supply chain team: Good communication and collaboration with production team to support on smooth operation
· HSE Manager: Good partnership to seek advice on safe work practices and assure all HSSE procedures is followed during work activities.
· QA : To ensure lab testing and results are in compliance with the different certification body.
Education and Experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCES
· Diploma in Chemical Process Technology
· Experience in ISO 9001 environment
· Experience in SAP or Lims
· At least 3 years relevant experience in an analytical laboratory
· Good overall view of the company’s core chemistry and technology