· City:Greenville, Texas
· Region:North America
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Composite Materials is a top-tier supplier to the aerospace engineered materials market known for its expertise in design materials and process engineering. We deliver optimal material
solutions to address our customer’s most challenging demand for new high-performance materials that reduce weight, improve aerodynamics, and ultimately lower the total part costs for customers. The business supplies composites technologies to civil and military aircraft manufacturers which comprises the
majority of sales, with the balance of sales into various industrial markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
***This is a 2nd shift job working 2:30pm-11:00pm Monday through Friday**
The Shift Team Leads (STL) are responsible for their teams performance to the manufacturing plan while ensuring all HSE, quality and productivity standards are complied with on a daily basis. They take corrective action when their team is not performing to the plan or standards are not being complied with. They will actively engage in selected manufacturing production objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Communicate and enforce shift performance expectations to ensure HSE compliance and quality system requirements are met.
· Communicate and enforce shift performance expectations and prioritize and adjust labor resources to ensure production schedule is executed per plan
· Ensure team members are qualified to meet expectations
· Execute incident investigations as assigned by Production Manager
· Participate in select Area Improvement Teams (AITs) as applicable
· Manage front line tasks such as housekeeping inspections, handbook and other audits, satellite accumulation, etc. and ensures HSE compliance and 5S standards are sustained
· Act as on-site supervision on off-shifts/weekends to ensure continual plant operations
· All area operators have been properly trained and understand HSE, Quality, Productivity and Continuous Improvement processes.
· Ensure routine communication to the team on current skill evaluation and plan to progress
· Accountable for holding team members accountable for their performance, including taking appropriate corrective action and disciplinary action if performance or behavior is not sustained
· Maintaining timekeeping and attendance records in Kronos and Microsoft Excel.
· Being proactive with decision making to keep manufacturing on track as per planned
· Goal Setting
· Shift goals are identified and aligned with operations Key X’s and communicated to area operators
· Constant communication with other Shift Team Leads, to ensure alignment with communication to the entire team
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time, Exempt Level Position with hours fluctuating depending on deadlines, Overtime, Shift Work etc. May involve rotation between 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shift.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or 3-5 years Solvay experience
Preferred Education and Experience
· BS Engineering/Science Degree
· History of roles that demonstrates successful Team Leadership, Problem Solving, Lean Improvement and business results.
· Leadership of continuous improvement team initiative with significant results.
Organizational Knowledge Areas
· Strong communication skills and ability to engage team members.
· Understanding on how to pull data from key processes, to generate improvement plan
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Understand key operational metrics
· Understanding of maintenance and engineering
· Understanding processes to engage cross-functional teams to achieve business goals.
· Impact and Influence
· Achievement Drive
· Team Leadership
· Developing Others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.