· City:La Rochelle
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
The Industrial function’s role is to help the Solvay Group in safety initiatives and support the group's transformation in operational excellence.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Production at the La Rochelle site is divided into 4 departments:
- The Upstream pole (Ore, Battery and Electronics)
- The Downstream pole (Catalysis)
- The process and projects division
- The Production methods and operational quality division
As part of a transformation process, a new transversal pole bringing together production methods and operational quality has been created.
The organization is made up of:
- 4 Methods and Technical Technician in charge of the dynamic of continuous improvement (Lean Management and 6 sigma) and guarantor of the quality processes of the sectors (AMDEC)
- 1 decentralized laboratory technicians in charge of monitoring equipment and training operators
The missions are:
- Manage the manufacturing progress approach in order to increase operational performance and the competitiveness of product lines. (Monitoring of OEE, CpK products, Cost of Non-Quality)
- Guarantor of the operational quality system IATF, BPF (AMDEC, monitoring plan, documentation)
- Management / Animation of strategic projects to improve customer service (Lead Time reduction, Cost of Non-quality)
- Animation of Kaizen improvement projects and follow-up of team suggestions
- Animation of problem-solving approaches using Lean 6 Sigma methodology (DMAIC, Non-compliant, customer complaint)
- Management of industrial changes in sectors from the perspective of process and people safety and quality
- Monitoring of manufacturing laboratory equipment
- Guarantor of operator training in analyzes
- Implementation of an approach to improve detection by self-checking
- Ensure the animation and coordination of workshops placed under his authority as part of manufacturing programs defined with the planning unit and within the framework of objectives defined by the plant manager
Education and Experience
You are trained as a chemical / process engineering engineer with ideally a first experience of 3 to 5 years in a similar position.
Black Belt training would be a plus.
You are methodical / rigorous, sensitive to security issues and have a taste for the field and skills in transversal and matrix management in project mode.
Your sense of communication, pedagogy and your sense of teamwork will allow you to succeed in this function.
You are imbued with the culture of continuous improvement, unifying and possessing real capacity to lead change and have a strong customer orientation.