· City:La Porte, Texas
· Region:North America
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Special Chem produces fluor and rare-earth formulations for automotive, semi-conductor, and lighting applications. With its industrial know-how, global presence, and R&I proximity, Special Chem has positioned itself as a strategic partner for the automotive sector as a producer of materials used in emission control catalysis and aluminum brazing, and as a producer of cleaning and polishing materials for electronics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Solvay’s Special Chem global business unit (GBU) produces chemical products for semiconductor, electronics, automotive and industrial applications. With its industrial know-how, global presence and R&I proximity, Special Chem is positioned as a strategic partner for the semiconductor industry, with a variety of offerings targeting cleaning, etching, and polishing applications. Electronic Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is used extensively in semiconductor manufacturing, and is one of Special Chem’s key offerings to the electronics segment.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for managing Special Chem’s Electronic Grade H2O2 (EG) Production Unit at the Deer Park, TX plant to achieve the business unit’s objectives. In this role you will ensure that the operations of the EG H2O2 Unit are planned and executed to meet customer demand, safely and efficiently. Additionally, you are responsible for identifying and implementing improvements in the EG Unit and with the team to achieve the organization's operational objectives (e.g. CAPEX projects). The incumbent will be responsible for supporting, interfacing and fostering strong relationships with customers, production teams, maintenance, engineering, and other support functions.
The specific duties of the Process Engineer include but are not limited to:
· Plan daily production and loading activities in order to meet customer needs.
· Troubleshoot production and quality related issues within the EG production unit, loading operations, and ISO container fleet.
· Interact directly with EG customers and other end users when investigating complaints, implementing changes, or providing other technical support as requested.
· Analyze current EG production process & product quality capabilities and implement continuous improvements to meet the high standards of our customers.
· Develop and implement Manufacturing Excellence projects within the Production Unit.
· Identify, develop and implement capital projects to improve the competitiveness of the unit.
· Respect and improve upon the high QHSE standards and drive compliance with the required Quality System and Standards needed (SOPs, PFMEAs, etc.) to meet customer expectations.
· Represent the interests and priorities of GBU Special Chem & EG H2O2 business within the framework of the GBU Peroxides manufacturing site.
· Promote and ensure adherence to the quality policy and principles as it relates to the EG H2O2 business.
· Work closely with the GBU Peroxides staff and be a resource for their production team.
· Work collaboratively with site resources to deliver the commercial and industrial objectives.
· Develop short-, mid-, and long-term operational plans to align our manufacturing capabilities and competitiveness with commercial demands.
· Monitor material stock and production quantities to meet demand.
· Generate weekly and monthly reports as needed for key stakeholders.
· Participate in site presentations, audits, and customer visits.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Bachelors in Chemical Engineering required.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in production and process engineering in a chemical manufacturing environment required.
· Semiconductor or electronics industry experience preferred.
· Experience with separation and/or purification technologies a plus.
· Knowledge of Statistical Quality Control (SPC, SQC) philosophies and methods a plus.
· Must be able to analyze, troubleshoot and solve problems with innovative approaches to problem solving.
· Experience with Manufacturing Excellence processes such as OEE, 5S, 6s, etc.
· Individual must be organized, systematic, independent, and self-motivated.
· ISO 9001 Quality System experience & knowledge.
· Ability to impact and influence others to achieve the Electrical Grade Production Unit goals without having direct supervisory authority.
· Skill set to lead a multi-functional team and to create alignment in an environment of competing priorities and shared resources.
· Analytical skills, conceptual thinking, and data-based decision-making.
· Business and organizational awareness.
· Understanding relevant markets and driving forces from both a technological and profitability perspective.
· Ability to travel approximately 15% including some overnight travel.
You must have work authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.