Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Solvay Busines Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major end-to-end administrative processes as well as the information services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: strategic agility and customer centricity, service excellence and talents and innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Reports toControlling Platform Team Leader
Based inService Centers: Lisbon (PT)
Closing analysis and support
Fixed costs analysis - SG&A, R&A, Plant & Functions
Analysis includes budget, commentary and variance analysis
Variable costs analysis
Analysis includes budget, commentary and variance analysis
Sales analysis and commentary
Run the R&I developmental Capex Process for business units
Minor Capex files and post audits
Develop dashboarding to ensure customers have easy access to information
The platform site controller role will partner with the plant management team of one or several Solvay plant(s) by providing current and forward looking reliable and timely economic information and analysis used to facilitate decision-making. This role will provide plant management with suggested recommendations for improvement based on the financial results. These improvements should be in the form of cost reductions and improved service to customers. The site controller should be familiar with manufacturing processes as well as supply chain processes to ensure an accurate translation into costing and financial reporting.
The site controller acts in coordination with the GBU Finance team, and will guarantee compliance with and adherence to the standards and procedures defined by Solvay Corporate Finance.
Follow-up closely internal development in own perimeter and relevant economic & market evolutions, prepare annual operating plan and maintain rolling forecasts.
Organize and coordinate the forecasting process and create annual budget with cross-functional teams in the plants,
Provide the GBU Industrial Controller with information relevant for the preparation of the GBU budget and rolling forecasts (mainly fixed costs, possibly variable costs, capex, inventories and other performance KPIs)
Monitor budget to actual throughout the year and arrange meetings with appropriate teams for accountability. Report material variances to management.
Ensure the reliability of cost accounting key figures and P&L reporting
Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results and KPI’s of the plant in accordance with GBU format and time requirements, and explain the evolution of the performance to the plant and GBU management.
Perform performance monthly reviews (labor and maintenance cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels) with plant management, including analysis & recommendations aiming at enhancing the financial performance & optimizing assets.
Manage the product costing process on site (link with the SAP costing team)
Analyze variable and production fixed costs, variances on yields and consumptions monthly.
Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
Periodically perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. .
Update cost accounting structure following business and industrial needs
Participate in development CAPEX projects and, once implemented, monitor performance on an ongoing basis. Report to plant management.
Attend plant production meetings and discuss production and costing issues.
Manage financial projects, and assist in the completion of special projects as a financial expert.
Perform internal controls at the plant for finance.
Assure adherence to Group Finance standards and procedures, and deploy internal controls and messages on site, raise awareness within the site team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master in Business administration, Economics, Accounting or Finance Degree (e.g. CPA)
- 3-5 years of controlling in manufacturing context
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections with a strong attention to detail in accordance with the Group management cycles calendar.
- Ability to analyze financial results and suggest a plan for improvement where needed.
- Must have strong technical and analytical skills with solid cost accounting background.
- Ability to monitor budget vs. actual and implement monitoring through appropriate cross functional teams.
- Deliver timely accurate financial information, challenge & advice to plant management team for decision making.
- Proactive involvement in compliance and audit.
- Strength with collaboration tools like google suite ( sheets, doc, etc) ;
- Demonstrated SAP, Business Warehouse knowledge a must, dashboarding tools like Qlik Sense is a plus.
- Able to maintain strict confidence in financial sensitive information, and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment and interact effectively with other groups and departments, clients and partners, in an international context.
- Ability to multitask and function in a matrix organization is a must.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Project management and cross-functional communication skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Fluency in other language(s) of the Region are a strong positive: German, French, Italian;