· City:Orange, California
· Region:North America
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Rotating shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Composite Materials is a top-tier supplier to the aerospace engineered materials market known for its expertise in design materials and process engineering. We deliver optimal material
solutions to address our customer’s most challenging demand for new high-performance materials that reduce weight, improve aerodynamics, and ultimately lower the total part costs for customers. The business supplies composites technologies to civil and military aircraft manufacturers which comprises the
majority of sales, with the balance of sales into various industrial markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Treater Operations including but not limited to all aspects of the wind-up area, splicing, setting up for subsequent jobs, loading poly, maintaining Treater operation during Lead Operators absence for breaks, general housekeeping, paperwork, and all other duties as directed by supervisor. Must have the ability to work in a safe manner.
Education and Experience
High School Graduate or General education degree (GED)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to take verbal directions
· Understand written procedures
· Understand Physical and Quality Requirements
· Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Conditions (S.O.C.), Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.), etc.
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, techniques for effectively manufacture goods
· Knowledge of machines and tools required at each task
· Controlling operations of equipment or systems
· Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
· The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions
· The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly
· Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
· Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people
· Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
§ Must be able to read, write and speak English
· Complete all required Training:
o Departmental Safety
o Department’s reading requirements
· Department Task Training captured on 7 – Step Training Plan
§ On the job training working with a seasoned operator for the department
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.