· Region:Asia Pacific
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
With over 1,500 products, Specialty Polymers offers the widest range of high performance polymers in the world, allowing tailor-made solutions such as pushing the limits of metal replacement in the electronics, automotive, aircraft, and healthcare industries. The GBU has unparalleled expertise in three technologies: aromatic polymers, high barrier polymers, fluoropolymers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
· Having very good exposure to Standard Industrial Safety practiceswith respect to man, machine and materials to ensure safe operations, exhibiting good attitude towards Safety, this is one of the most important aspects for this role.
· Candidate should be energetic and self-motivated, team player and well versed with basic chemistry, ready to work in shifts.
· Handling ofProductionshift, raw material planning, batch planning and batch preparation as per SOP.
· Monitoring of process parameters in plant and coordination with DCS officer.
· Should have relevant exposure to unit operations such as Extraction, Filtration, Distillation and Drying.
· Should have exposure to Solid as well as liquid handling, Packaging, Liquid tanker loading & unloading operations.
· Respect for Product quality throughout the production cycle.
· Co-ordination with other ancillary departments like Quality, Maintenance, Stores and others.
· Exposure to Management systems like ISO: 9001, ISO: I4001 and OHSAS 18001,5S will be an advantage
Education and Experience
· Education : B.Sc/M.Sc/Diploma Chemical Engg.
· Experience :3 to 6 years of experience in Chemical or Polymer manufacturing Industry, preferably with exposure to batch process.
· Expertise/Experiences :Chemical plant unit operations, Handling hazardous chemicals, solvents
· Competencies : Conversant with basic safety practices, Communication skills ,Handling contract manpower and ensuring their adherence to safet
· Prefer local candidates staying either in Ankleshwar or Bharuch