Job Category: Information & Knowledge
Job Type: Internship
Type of Contract: Fixed-term contract
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
The Research & Innovation function (R&I) leads Solvay into new growth territories with breakthrough innovation to generate new products, applications and processes in the field of sustainable chemistry. Partners with the GBUs to deliver more value and leverages the Group’s capabilities to improve competitiveness and create new business opportunities for Solvay and its customers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Li-ion batteries are enjoying unprecedented growth, particularly with the advent of electric cars and new applications. This very dynamic environment also offers very attractive prospects for the world of chemistry, which can propose solutions to the challenges of this industry and thus make cars more affordable for everyone. Solvay is one of the key players and provides advanced materials in batteries to develop their full potential.
Reporting to the "materials for batteries" platform management, the trainee will participate in the development of a competitive intelligence cell and in the management of information concerning the value chain of the lithium ion battery industry...
· Description of the missions (to be specified, according to profile and evolution) :
· Database management and data analysis
· Documentary and information management concerning the entire battery value chain
· Knowledge management
· Audit of current practices in "economic intelligence/business intelligence
· Identification of the needs of the various internal clients
· Proposal and implementation of a business intelligence unit, process and tools
· Identification of best practices that could be integrated
· Qualification of sources/suppliers, creation of specifications, pilot testing and integration
· Structuring market information, producing ad hoc newsletters/reports/dashboards, facilitating knowledge sharing and enrichment
· Creation of profiles
Education and Experience
Information Management & Documentation/ Business Intelligence/Strategic Intelligence
· English essential
· Another language would be a plus
Skills and qualities
· Excellent analytical skills (rigour and organisation), as well as a keen interest in adding value to information to help decision-making, you like to provide structure and organisation
· Mastery of Excel and digital solutions, particularly in business intelligence.
· You are naturally curious and pro-active, you like to learn and you are able to synthesise (written and oral) your knowledge.