Important EEO information related to opening in the US
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement .
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The sky is the limit with SOLVAY in Piedmont, SC! We are a top-tier employer supporting aerospace and other key markets with high-performance materials, specifically Carbon Fiber. We are known for our expertise in design materials and process engineering. We deliver optimal material solutions to address our customer’s most challenging demand for new high-performance materials.
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive pay starting from $21.50/hour. We offer an extensive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, major medical insurance starting first day, matching and non-elective 401k, and much more! Join a company that truly values their people, find career stability, and grow with us at Solvay!
What We Offer:
· Competitive pay with premium for night shift
· Pay-for-skill progression matrix
· Major Medical Insurance (BlueCrossBlueShield)
· 80 Hours of Paid Vacation
· 80 hours of Paid Personal Time
· Solstar Recognition Points
· Annual Cost of Living and Merit Programs
· Bonus Program
· Paid Holidays
· Matching and non-elective 401k contributions
· Vision and Dental Insurance
· Life and disability pay insurance
· Wellness Credits towards insurance premiums
· Pay Progression in a little as 6 months
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 16-weeks paid parental leave
· Career Advancement
· Referral Program
We are looking for candidates with:
· Stable work history
· High school diploma or GED
· Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future
· Ability to:
· Work safely
· Communicate effectively with others
· Work 12 hour rotating shifts
· Ability to work overtime
· Sit or stand for 10 to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
· Lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to consistently climb stairs
· Ability to operate computer and related systems required
· Complete and pass Essential Function Testing
· Respirator fit required
· Preferred qualifications, but not required:
· 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Fiber or web handling experience is preferred - nonwovens, textiles, fabrics, plastic sheeting, or paper.
We know skills and competencies show up in many ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
What will you get to do:
You will learn how to make Carbon Fiber that goes into commercial airplanes and cutting-edge military application. Learn about the appropriate properties and characteristics of carbon fiber. Safely and efficiently start-up, operate, monitor, control, and shutdown carbon fiber equipment. Ensure products consistently meet internal and external customer requirements and expectations throughout the process.
· Troubleshoot equipment; identify root causes and take corrective action to resolve problems.
· Recognize quality issues and make adjustments to ensure excellent quality.
· Perform general upkeep on equipment to improve reliability and process and product consistency.
· Apply knowledge of manufacturing processes to achieve and exceed result targets
· Perform material handling, including properly packaging and labeling of products
· Ties on or splices ends to repair breaks in creel and throughout the production line
· Required to inspect for splice in fiber coming from creel to winders
· Fiber path is setup using productions forms for the placement of the fiber from creel to winding
· Will be around mechanical machinery. Must have a good work ethic, attendance is important.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.