· City:Castanea, Pennsylvania
· Region:North America
Job Category: Industrial
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Rotating shift
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Novecare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Novecare develops and produces formulations that alter the properties of liquids. It offers solutions to the oil and gas industry using an extensive range of surface chemistries combined with applications expertise. Novecare also provide specialty solutions for certain industrial applications, agricultural, and coatings markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The laboratory technician is responsible for the running all tests as prescribed for raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods to ensure they meet product specification. As such, the highest levels of data integrity are expected of this role.
•Routine analysis of all products and raw materials following established Solvay Test Methods.
•Provide laboratory support for all production efforts.
•Ability to identify poor results in testing and communicate to a Senior Technician or Supervisor.
•Work with Senior Technician or Supervisor to interpret information and determine net steps basedon test results as needed.
•Document and maintain accurate records of all testing and results in the Laboratory QCNotebook/LIMS/SAP.
•Create and maintain established quality control documents and computer files includingCertificate of Analysis, Bill of Ladings, and SDS.
•Calibration and upkeep of test equipment including accurate records of these activities
•Maintaining the inventory of sample retains and laboratory reagents as well as the records of such.
•May assist with:
oSupply ordering as directed by the Supervisor
•Complete all assigned training as directed
•Reads, understands, and follows methods, SOPs, work instructions, safety requirements/policies,regulatory guidelines, and company policies.
•Maintains laboratory cleanliness at all times to minimize the risk to health and contamination ofequipment and others.
•Ensures that health and safety procedures are adhered to and that considerations are given toimprove safe working practices and take reasonable care for oneself and others who may beaffected by one’s acts or omissions.
•Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· HS Diploma
· Degree in Science related field preferred
· Prior experience in a manufacturing, laboratory, and/or chemical plant environment is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate with varying functional leaders both internally and externally
• Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Good written and verbal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to adapt to change
• Must have the ability to learn new programs and software as needed
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and change assignments quickly
• Must be able to communicate information with others verbally and in written forms
• Must have good mathematical skills
• Basic problem solving skills
• Organizational skills
• Quick and well-coordinated in movement of the hands
• Must read and understand written procedures (SOP's) and/or verbal instruction
• Must be able to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to work independently with occasional assistance
• Ability to take ownership for general processes/products
• The ability to meet deadlines and targets.
• Must have basic understanding of Production Schedules
• Must be punctual and meet attendance requirements.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
• Available to work all shifts. Solvay operates on a 24/7 basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.