Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
The role of the Finance function is to define financial policies and to secure the correct, good and compliant financial management of the Group. It also provides both external stakeholders and internal decision-makers with relevant financial data and analyses, with an intention to support sustainable value creation and value retention.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
For its headquarters in Brussels (Neder-Over-Hembeek), Solvay is looking for a talented tax advisor to strengthen its corporate tax team and assist on Belgian and international tax related matters (VAT, TP, CIT & much more).
This newly created position directly reports to the Belgian Tax Manager based in Brussels.
We offer you the opportunity to join the Group Tax department of a quoted group with an international footprint, to put your knowledge into practise in real-life situations, to collaborate on various projects involving transversal competencies being both technical and (inter-)personal and to contribute to the GROW strategy of Solvay with your unique talents and skills.
Depending on your experience, background and competences your will be involved on ad hoc projects requiring capacity of analysis/synthesis and communication. Primary focus will be on Belgian tax but the role also includes TP and International tax coverage.
Main responsibilities include:
· Assist in tax audits & tax litigation / controversy & APA / tax rulings
· Design & improve tax compliance processes
· Review tax returns and tax provisions
· Identify risks & opportunities, assess impact and undertake remediation & implementation actions
· Contribute to tax awareness within the Group and share your knowledge
· Support TP & International tax managers on ad hoc projects
Education and Experience
· Master degree with a complementary Master in Tax
· 0 – 3 years of relevant experience
· Make-it happen mind-set
· Eager to learn & passionate about sharing learnings
· Pragmatic, from theory to practise thinker
· Strong communication & collaboration skills
· Ability to work with figures & to prioritize tasks (multi-tasking is everywhere, reliability is a must)
· Good command of excel & PPT
· Full professional proficiency in English & in French, any additional language (DE) will be considered as an asset
We offer you an international and diverse work environment with many opportunities to develop your talent, where change happens at a rapid pace and where initiatives are encouraged.