Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
Solvay has announced the launch of a Green Hydrogen Platform that will bring together all the innovative material and chemical solutions the Group has to offer to advance the emerging Hydrogen economy. Solvay is increasing its resources dedicated to this emerging market and intends to feed the pipeline with viable investment projects to scale-up the Clean Hydrogen value chain technologies through partnerships in the area of research, development and innovation. To complete the team, we are looking for a junior strategic marketing analyst.
We count on you:
As a junior strategic marketing analyst you will, in direct collaboration with the Head of Marketing (based in Brussels), contribute to market and competition watch; develop in-depth market understanding studies, and conduct research and analysis to support strategic projects along the full green hydrogen economy value chain.
1. For Strategic Marketing, you will
· Support the development of key segments scenarios, supply & demand forecast
· On a need basis, support the definition and development of strategic branding and communication plans in collaboration with internal stakeholders
2. For Market intelligence, you will
· Maintain an in-depth & up-to-date knowledge of designated markets, industry and key players in the value chain, as well as key trends and dynamics
· Ensure that the team stays abreast of relevant news (newsletter)
· Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility
You will be working in an international and exciting environment, very dynamic and entrepreneurial. As all platforms, we have a start-up mindset in a large Group.
You will bring:
· Soon or newly graduate of a master degree
· English language: full professional proficiency. Other languages are a plus (French, Italian & Chinese).
· Excellent interpersonal and collaborative capabilities, real team player
· Naturally curious with an entrepreneurial spirit and knows how to deal with ambiguity
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills, data and detail oriented
· A strong interest in sustainability aspects and Green Hydrogen Economy
· Communication & synthesis skills
· Excel and PowerPoint (or GoogleSuite equivalents) mastery and to have an appetite for digital tools
· Position based in Brussels, working from home possible (50-80%)
· Availability for 6 months+, starting from February 2023 (can be flexible)
After 50 years, we are going back to the Moon... Solvay Materials are making it possible once again for Humans to return to the Moon. Check here our Artemis missions with NASA: we will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon.
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.