Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
The Internal Audit teams conduct independent reviews of operations and procedures across all Group entities, and issue recommendations to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Our Risk Management teams set-up a global, systematic and consistent management of risks across the Group to ensure all significant risks are identified, assessed and addressed adequately.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Our products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability. Our lightweighting materials enhance cleaner mobility, our formulations optimize the use of resources, and our performance chemicals improve air and water quality.
Are you currently working in external Audit, willing to make the next step in your career and want to join a young and dynamic team? Then, we have a great opportunity for you!
We are a team of around 20 people, in 3 different offices (Brussels, Paris and Shanghai), reporting directly to the Group CEO and the Audit Committee. We cover all Group activities, conducting audits of various business processes throughout the organization, including corporate business functions and manufacturing plants across Global Business Units (GBUs).
More importantly, we are a talent pool for the Group and we develop our people in order to boost their career. Typically people join internal audit for around 3 years, travel worldwide (with focus on EMEA and Americas), meet different cultures and different Solvay businesses and functions and then move into another Solvay function or business (Finance, Marketing & Sales, Sustainable Development, Supply Chain, etc.).
If this sounds exciting, read the job description below:
Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager, you will participate in the different audit engagement steps (preparation, audit fieldwork and audit reporting) and you will be responsible for:
· Understand Solvay’s activities and inherent risks
· Identify the risks related to the audited entity or process and define the audit approach
· Ensure the application of Group policies and procedures
· Perform tests to ensure that risk mitigating controls are effective and assess the potential risks associated with inefficiency or lack of controls
· Issue recommendations with added value to the Group
· Contribute to the dissemination of good practices across the Group
· Participate actively to projects led by the department
Education and Experience
· Master’s degree in business, finance or engineering required
· About 3 years’ experience in a "Big Four" audit firm (exposure to manufacturing industry strongly preferred)
· Experience in conducting audit remotely is a plus
· Experience with digital ways of working and how to incorporate them in audit activities is also a plus
· Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· The drive to learn, understand and adapt to different thinking, learning styles and cultural profiles
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
· Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
· Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information
· Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus (eg. German, Portuguese, Italian)
· Completion of internship or study abroad program is a plus
· Ability and willingness to travel approximately 40% (including overnight and weekend) throughout different zones
A challenging position with international scope in the heart of our organization
A well-defined learning & career path with great possibilities to grow within Solvay