· Region:North America
Job Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Composite Materials is a top-tier supplier to the aerospace engineered materials market known for its expertise in design materials and process engineering. We deliver optimal material
solutions to address our customer’s most challenging demand for new high-performance materials that reduce weight, improve aerodynamics, and ultimately lower the total part costs for customers. The business supplies composites technologies to civil and military aircraft manufacturers which comprises the
majority of sales, with the balance of sales into various industrial markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
· The FG/RM Planner role is responsible for the near term (Primarily 0-4 month horizon) coordination and scheduling of supply / demand plans (inventory plans) for all specified machines and / or materials. Material scope could include Finished Goods, Intermediate Goods, and Raw Materials.
· Develop finite plans on a weekly rolling basis to optimize machine and material usage.
· Create and communicate a valid master production schedule on a weekly rolling basis to maximize available machine hours, material usage, and labor.
· Manage raw material portfolio.
· Daily review and optimization of finite planning schedules taking into account operational and material changes along with business requirements/needs.
· Daily and weekly review and optimization of raw material ordering to support near term finite production schedules and longer term forecasted material requirements depending upon material lead times.
· Daily and weekly review of production schedule and raw material ordering system exceptions or signals to ensure proper action is being taken to ensure supply of finished product to customer.
· Define and communicate raw material concerns / issues and impact to finite production schedules.
· Review and maintenance of specific system master data fields to ensure appropriate and updated information is driving actions and decisions from ERP systems.
· Participate and provide input into site & GBU Sales and Operations Plan.
All Planners should have an excellent understanding of ERP/MRP concepts and principles, use of Baan, SAP or other ERP systems, Solvay business strategies, customer base, material management and operations and supply chain processes including unique issues and constraints.
This position requires strong analytical, problem solving (root cause / Pareto) and communication skills. This role reports to the Planning and Scheduling Lead for the specific site assigned.
Balancing Supply and Demand months 0-4
· Responsible for the near term coordination and preparation of specified supply and demand plans.
· Development of a monthly supply demand plan providing visibility to specified material demands and associated supply, identify barriers / constraints, and make recommendations for resolving gaps.
· Management of specified material needs using the monthly supply demand plan as well as MRP exception messages and other SAP tools. This includes; configuration planning; specified material availability versus demand; inventory analysis; direct and in-direct requirements all in support of Solvay commercial requirements.
· Communication of specified material needs to suppliers (internal and external) as outlined in the supply demand plan and MRP.
· Coordination role between planning and customer service to include across sites or world areas where necessary.
· SAP planning and scheduling management – interface with machines to ensure that the near term and long term plans are integrated.
Procurement and Planning Responsibilities
· Responsible for issuing purchase orders to suppliers and managing all specified materials. This includes managing priorities, inventory and resolving conflicts.
· Key day to day point of contact with specified suppliers.
· Responsible for developing near term forecasts for the specified material suppliers working in coordination with the activities at both assigned site as well as other Solvay sites.
· Support site personnel in resolution of problems with specified material suppliers, elevating to higher levels within the global procurement group.
· Generate cost savings, cost avoidance and product improvement efforts where possible.
· Point of contact with specified material suppliers to coordinate raw material qualifications.
· Production planning against medium and short term plan
· Dynamic rescheduling to cope with short term production issues
· Sales Order date confirmation
· Coordination with other departments (Customer service, logistics, production, etc.
· Optimize manufacturing and customer service as it relates to specified materials (balance between manufacturing cost and inventory carrying cost).
· Analyze risks associated with inventory (too much or too little) and define alternatives / recommendations.
· Utilize inventory tools to manage specified materials inventory.
· Weekly analysis of specified manufactured and purchased materials & end of month inventory valuation. Identification of product cross referencing internally and inter-company, SMOG analysis, opportunities for SMOG/scrap sales / inventory transfer to other sites.
· Coordinate production order adjustments or purchase order modification to maximize inventory usage.
· Conduct forecast review for planned production and/or purchase orders.
Key Measurements for this Position (over the next 12 months):
· Acquire product, materials and process knowledge.
· Implement, expand, and sustain monthly specified supply and demand plans.
· Standardization of specified material management activities – including formalized business process development.
· Establish relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
· Demonstrate the ability to quickly assess any constraint situation and apply what-if scenario planning using the commercial upside / risk demand numbers.
· Establish supplier OT/OQ measurements through effective use of vendor rating tools and supplier feedback meetings.
· Improve cost position through improved planning (reducing expedites), managing specified material inventories within target levels and negotiating any one time material needs.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of planning experience but will consider candidates with less experience with an Engineering or Supply Chain Management Degree and / or APICS certification.
· Will consider an Associates Degree with 4-5 years of planning experience.
· Excel knowledge desired
· Self motivated and capable of understanding Solvay’s manufacturing processes and the interdependencies while continuously improving one’s own business practices.
· Business aware – capable of assimilating a lot of information and of making informed decisions under pressure.
· Consistent, proactive, high energy level and able to work on own initiative.
· Highly developed problem solving skills and critical thinking.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills in order to ensure efficient communication exchange with all departments at all levels and suppliers. Demonstrated ability to influence others.
· Ability to see the bigger picture, yet good attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.