Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
Within Solvay Business Services you will integrate a transversal Transformation Office, more specifically a Process Mining dedicated team within the Continuous Improvement & Quality entity. In Solvay’s Process Mining journey, we are in need of a Data Engineer to reinforce our team.
In Project Mode you will be in charge of:
· Data Collection - setting up data connections between source systems and Celonis process mining tool, ensuring collection of consistent data and the preparation of source systems.
· Data Preparation - Prepare data for the process mining data model taking into account the use cases’ / business’ required level of customization.
· Data Modeling - Creation of event log and process mining data model.
· Data Visualization - Build analyses and dashboards.
· Process Enhancement:
· Build “skills/business rules” to provide an operational workplace to the users
· Machine Learning native features to improve operational processes
· If relevant for Solvay native Process Automation features
· Project Management - handling projects independently from A-Z
In Maintenance Mode you will be in charge of:
· Ensure overall maintenance of data models and applications
· Monitor data load jobs and correct if they fail
· Upon business requests perform evolutions to data models, analyses, operational workplace etc.
· Provide support to the users
· Analyze software releases and evaluate impacts
Education and Experience:
· You have successfully completed a Masters degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science, Information-oriented Business Administration/ Economics, Mathematics or a comparable degree program
· At least 2 years of work experience in Process Mining with a successful track record.
· Experience of working on SQL and/or PQL databases.
· Experience with extraction of data from SAP tables, Salesforce and other source systems.
· Business Intelligence and data visualization
· Experience in Project Management
· Fluent written and spoken English
· French, Portuguese is a plus
· Project Management - Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Customer orientation and feels comfortable to challenge requests
· Advanced knowledge in Process Mining.
· Interested in working across our entire data science environment including model building, data pipelining, machine learning and integration.
· Analytical Ability, Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
· Experience in ML Programming (Python) is a plus.
· Operational experience in SAP transactions
· Team player
· Fixed term contract of 24 months (renewable)
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.