· Region:North America
Job Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
With over 1,500 products, Specialty Polymers offers the widest range of high performance polymers in the world, allowing tailor-made solutions such as pushing the limits of metal replacement in the electronics, automotive, aircraft, and healthcare industries. The GBU has unparalleled expertise in three technologies: aromatic polymers, high barrier polymers, fluoropolymers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is part of the Customer Services Team and the position sits in the North American Customer Service Hub within the Supply Chain organization, with heavy customer contact, problem resolution and order processing activities. The CSR manages and supports a specified portfolio of customers for which he/she possesses in depth understanding of their needs. The position manages customer order management in a responsive and thorough manner. Order management is a multifaceted activity and requires an understanding of internal processes which include credit, inventory management, production, transportation, etc. to execute orders and ensure on-time deliveries. The CSR guides customer requests through the organization to ensure fast and satisfactory turn-around and is the key interface for customers internally within the Commercial, Manufacturing, Quality, and broader Supply Chain function(s).
Maintain solid knowledge about GBU products and customers
Maintain a deep understanding of Order-to-Cash process and systems (SalesForce, SAP, other digital tools)
Stay informed about all regional relevant laws, rules, and regulations
Effective and accurate processing of customer’s orders (including invoicing)
· Collect, verify, and update commercial information with customers
· Ensure proper execution of customers’ orders and return orders, until invoice, and when necessary, post-invoicing
· Ensure orders are compliant with applicable rules/regulations
· Maintain customer related master data within SAP
Organize with customers and company’s internal departments solutions to meet the customer demands
Increasing customer satisfaction
Contribution to complaint resolution
· Collect the customer information and transfer to appropriate units for inquiry and resolution
· Initiate complaints in tracking and resolution process
· Support Account Managers to present the response to the customer
Contribution to Company’s image towards customers’ (FNPS)
Provide the customer with all relevant and requested information
Support inventory management for satellite warehouses under consignment / vendor managed inventory procedures
Provide back-up support for other CSRs to ensure business continuity
Interacts with following functional groups to meet customer needs:
· Supply Chain Planning
· Manufacturing site Supply Chain
· Account Managers
· Product Managers
· Regional Logistics
· Credit Department
· Regulatory affairs and Product Stewardship
Education and Experience
· 3+ years Customer Service experience in a manufacturing environment
· BS/BA degree desired
· Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to be articulate and diplomatic
· Ability to identify issues and make recommendations to solve problems.
· Good people skills to be able to maintain a professional atmosphere in the workplace and navigate a diverse population of internal and external customers.
· Familiarity with accounting and credit principles.
· Strong organizational skills, including setting priorities, processing information quickly and managing a variety of responsibilities at the same time
· Proficient computer skills including Google products, Sales Force and SAP
· Experience in Plastics/Polymers or Manufacturing industries
· Must be comfortable working in an international business environment with counterparts around the world; cultural awareness and sensitivity required
· Strong team skills – able to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals in multiple business areas – takes leadership or supports others as appropriate - willing to assume additional responsibilities outside of normal job description when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.