Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Fixed-term contract
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Solvay Busines Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major end-to-end administrative processes as well as the information services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: strategic agility and customer centricity, service excellence and talents and innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Are you looking for a challenge as Credit Analyst in a multinational?
· Performs credit checks, including compiling customer credit information and determining credit capacity.
· Analyze and interpret credit information, establish and maintain accounts for customer.
· Releases “hold” purchase orders in accordance with customer’s account status, maintains documents relevant to credit and monitor accounts receivables aging.
· Assess the working capital impact of customer payment performance, to manage the account receivables in a centralized and efficient way and support optimization of payment behavior in order to minimize for the Solvay Group Risk.
· Manage all operational credit management activities starting from customer orders vs payments, to evaluate the credit qualities of customers regarding solvency and payment practices, to define in close collaboration with the business the most appropriated customer credit strategies (incl. payment terms per customer and per country).
This position is for a 1-year contract.
Education and Experience
· Accounting/Finance business degree
· Knowledge and equivalent work experience in Credit area can be a plus
· Fluent in English
· Customer oriented and autonomous
· Experience in problem solving and decision making skills
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
· Possess problem solving and decision making skills.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Self-directed with a positive attitude