Job Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Solvay is a market leader in hydrogen peroxide, both in market share and technology. Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is used mainly by the paper industry to bleach pulp. Its properties are also of interest to many markets, such as chemicals, food, textiles, and the environment.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Back Office Representative is in charge of ensuring that all Customers are supplied on time (combination of availability of transport means and product). The function targets a proactive approach so that problems are anticipated and avoided rather than solved.
This position reports to the Back Office Manager.
The Customer Service Representative BO performs administrative operations such as
· To ensure ordered products are delivered effectively and timely to customers in order to satisfy their demand.
· To organize and execute operations regarding stock management, transport and delivery demanding expert knowledge, possibly with the support of colleagues and ensure coordination and good collaboration within the team and “internal customers”.
· Perform administrative operations regarding product transport and delivery (delivery notes, transport documents….)
· Negotiate with concerned internal services (production, logistics, front office…) when necessary to unblock orders.
· Plan and organize product transport and delivery, directly or by means of subcontractors.
· Follow up the correct execution of the logistic operations within the region and act proactively to avoid deviances.
· Encode logistic non conformities provoked by hauliers for annual appraisal.
· Manage the stocks (production plants and warehouses – including possible warehouses in other countries) following forecasted sales, productions and transfers, and in compliance with the Regional planner directives.
· Follow up the planning (deliveries, stocks…) during the month and take corrective actions when needed.
· Lead investigation at haulier/site level
· Take part in external/internal audit with the support of Quality & Back office manager
Education and Experience
· Bachelor in International Trade or similar, or experience in Supply Chain (transport/warehouse management/logistics in general)
· Resourceful, result driven, analytical skills, team spirit, customer oriented, * stress resistant
· IT knowledge (MS office), SAP knowledge is a strong asset
· Fluent in Italian - Good knowledge of English.
· outstanding planning skills
· ability to speak, understand, read and write in English language
· Skills of MS Excel, Word and SAP