Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
The role of the Finance function is to define financial policies and to secure the correct, good and compliant financial management of the Group. It also provides both external stakeholders and internal decision-makers with relevant financial data and analyses, with an intention to support sustainable value creation and value retention.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
To support globally Businesses, Functions and Corporate for decision making, by providing user friendly financial reports (balance sheets,cash flow and Profit and Loss statements, …), compliant with legal and Group requirements, through standardized, automated and streamlined processes at best cost.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Run the closure for a given legal entity, according closing timetable, perform technical and accounting controls, analyse and solve blocking controls and release financial package for consolidation
- Perform accounting operations, according to Company Accounting Manager/Director requests needs and guidelines, in line with accounting standards and closing timing deadlines.
- Perform Accounting analysis, provide advice and solve accounting and technical issues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for a part or whole legal entity financial statements. Report to Financial responsible periodically
- Analyse issues to understand the root cause and propose solutions for remediation Implement the solution with the stakeholders (businesses, sites)
- Prepare analytical review for CAM/CAD
- Answer external auditors requests
- Represent CAM/CAD in the relationship with the Service Units, about accounting and technical issues.
- Supervise complex reporting issues (Merge, carve-out acquisitions )
- May manage a transversal financial topic for a country/region.
- Lead/participate small projects and continuous improvement initiatives
Education and Experience
- Education: University degree in accounting or finance, ideally certification in international accounting
- Experience: 2-3 year experience in audit firm or international group
- Solid knowledge of accounting practices, processes and tools, and IFRS
- Financial analysis and Analytical capabilities
- Autonomy and accountability
- Technical Fluency
- SAP FI / CO
- Fluent English
- French (intermediate or capacity to learn)
Nice to have Skills:
- Skills to plan and delegate tasks to others
Nice to have language skills:
-Fluent French, Dutch